Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: They think it’s all over...

Hey ho, the witch is dead...well not quite but Jose Mourinho was been sacked as Spurs manager. Can’t say I will miss him, was never happy with his appointment it the first place but I have to question the timing with Spurs facing Man City in the Carabao cup final at the weekend. I’m also disappointed that Spurs have signed up to the controversial European Super League along with Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal. I won’t get political here but I’d rather we weren’t involved cos it’s only going to get messy.

I have heard about it, but I don't understand what it's all about...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Not quite sure why BoJo the clown is so determined to get involved but... basically it is a bunch of Team owners trying to get greedy. As forming members they are guaranteed to play each season and earn big money considerably more that the champions league offers while excluding other teams.

I don't see how it's a bad thing? Surely it's just another league? What am I missing?

The fact that the founding teams of which there is thought to be 15 (only 12 signed up so far) get automatic entry with only 5 spots for qualifying teams which is totally unfair on the other teams in all the other leagues in Europe. Also it could lead to the teams involved being barred from other well established competitions and players in those teams being barred from playing for their country. Managers and players of the teams involved are upset about it but have no choice in the matter cos it’s the club owners who are making the decision to line their pockets.

How could it stop them from playing for their country? I thought that it didn't matter which team you played for, you could still play for your home country?

If it is deemed that playing in the super league invalidates your eligibility to play nationally England is royally screwed with most of our players coming from the top 6 teams.

Ahh, OK..

Chelsea and Man City have announced that they are withdrawing from the ESL. Let's hope the rest of the PL teams involved do the same.

There hasn't been much support for the league at all... Surely it's not going to be viable?

However I notice Boris can call together an emergency crisis meeting to sort this, but not fair pay for nurses or corona issues, or the rise of foodbanks or students being charged £9000 a term for online only lectures....... Whilst still being charged full accommodation costs or the removal of legal aid or so many other things, but football? Yes he wants to "show this the red card"..... *stands off soapbox*
    Last edited by Suzi; 20-04-21 at 09:25 PM.