Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: They think it’s all over...

Well well well, Man Utd fans invaded the pitch this afternoon in protest of the ownership and the ESL causing the Man Utd vs Liverpool game to be postponed today. Kick off was as scheduled for 4pm but recently been confirmed the game will be rescheduled. I certainly do not condone any illegal and violent behaviour but it appears the majority were peacefully protesting against the actions of the ownership of the club regarding recent events with the ESL. This is huge and I stand with the peaceful Utd fans and other fans of the top 6 teams including my own club Tottenham. Things need to change around football and those controlling the purse strings need to remember that it’s the fans filling their wallets.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Suzi (02-05-21)

A Bale hat trick and a goal from Son, give Spurs a convincing win against Sheffield United. Not exactly a surprising 3 points for Spurs but an easy win for my team after the Man Utd v Liverpool postponement.

Shocking scenes during the European Championship Group B match between Denmark and Finland as Danish superstar Christian Eriksen collapses just before half time. CPR is administered and his wife at pitch side as the game is called off. 29yrs old and in peak fitness playing in a major tournament. Watching it happen live was terrifying. I truly hope he pulls through but it’s really not looking good at this point.

Hope he does pull though and all is OK..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

News has since come through that he has been transferred to hospital and is conscious, stable and awaiting further testing. It was horrendous to see it happen before your eyes. So glad they managed to revive him cos it wasn’t looking good for a while there.

Just got news that t he match will continue at 7.30pm

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Suzi (12-06-21)

I've just seen the news too. Glad it's got a happy ending.

I wouldn’t class it as a happy ending as such but grateful he is still with us. What that means for his future I don’t know yet but for a young man to go through what he has and survive is definitely a positive. I’m still shocked the match is going ahead tonight. I don’t know what I think about that. Not sure I could watch a teammate fight for his life and still play on.

England 1-0 Croatia. Great start to the tournament for the boys. One happy girl here.

Great!

With 6 mins to go Hungary and Portugal was looking like a 0-0 draw. At the final whistle Portugal won 0-3, Rolando scoring 2 of them making him the first player to take part and score in 5 European Championships and the leading European goal scorer.
    Last edited by Stella180; 15-06-21 at 06:56 PM.