Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from me

Debs947

Unhappy Hello from me

Hi Everyone, My name is Debs. I am in the UK. So grateful to be informed about this group by my friend Paula in Admin.

Like many, I guess, I am really struggling right now. Today, I have not even managed to get out of bed. My legs feel like 100 ton weights, and the bathroom feels like it is a million miles away (it’s not. It’s around 5 steps from my bedroom).

The last fortnight has seen my darkest hours yet.

It already feels good to be ‘talking’ to like-minded people. There is still such a stigma in society.

My mind is in turmoil, but sending you compassion, and hoping my journey can be of help to some too.

Love Debs

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Debs947 For This Useful Post:

Paula (16-11-20)

Hi, lovely, and welcome. I’m really glad you’ve joined us here - we really are a wonderfully supportive community - I just wish it wasn’t in these circumstances.

As to not getting out of bed today, you’ve already done a huge thing today talking to us here so you’re allowed to have a bed day imho. We can work on tomorrow, tomorrow
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Walker extraordinaire!
    Hi Debs. Welcome to dwd. I'm sorry things are so tough for you right now. Today you have already achieved... you reached out. Well done.
    If your body is saying rest then rest. It obviously needs it right now. Fighting with your own brain is the most exhausting thing I've ever experienced. .. and yes, we get it, we totally get it.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Paula (16-11-20)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Hi and welcome. One of the things I love about this place is that everyone understands and no one judges. Take things hour by hour if you need to
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Paula (16-11-20)

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Hi and welcome Debs.
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Angie For This Useful Post:

Name dropping in your first post lol. Hi Debs. You are a lucky lass being able to call Paula your friend. She is a lovely person. I’m sure she’s told you all about the place so I’ll just say welcome to the forum and I look forward to getting to know you.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Paula (16-11-20),Suzi (16-11-20)

Hi Debs and welcome to DWD. Sweetheart you're doing brilliantly by registering and starting to talk. I know it's hard and it's really scary, but I promise you won't be judged here at all and we all have our own understandings..
    Have you spoken to your Dr about how you are feeling? Do you have a good support network around you? What about eating and drinking properly?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Debs947
    Hi Suzi, Thank you! My GP sort of knows, but am under the care of CMHT locally. I had a visit from the shared care nurse this morning, and they are going to phone me tomorrow to establish a Crisis plan. i am awaiting the NHS Trauma Pathway, due to PTSD triggered by past events. It seems a long wait. They don't know when it will begin at the moment. So many situations throw my mind into turmoil.

My GP sort-of knows, but not in any detail. I have been under care of the Crisis team at our local hospital. I was visited by shared care nurse from CMHT today, and tomorrow they will be phoning to establish a Crisis Care plan for me.

I have the support of many friends on FB where I posted about my state of health - not much, but just in enough detail for the novice to understand. Seeing their responses helps to bring me back to the real world, albeit temporarily.

I am really off my food and finding it difficult to drink enough, or at all. Fighting the cravings for alcohol to take away the pain. However, I do have a very supportive new partner, who is doing his best to care for me. He brings me food he has made, and tries to get me to drink. He really has no experience of caring for those with mental health issues, and I find it really difficult to get the message across to him as to how I am feeling and how frightening it is. He doesn't really get it. Sending love to you. D xxx

Mira
    Welcome

It might be helpful to point your partner to Time To Change (https://www.time-to-change.org.uk/) for help in understanding MH, but he seems to be a really caring person
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.