Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from me

Hi Debs, welcome aboard! You're in the right place here..and it's great that Paula pointed you in the right direction....you'll get lots of support from everyone and we know where you're coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Debs947 View Post
    Hi Suzi, Thank you! My GP sort of knows, but am under the care of CMHT locally. I had a visit from the shared care nurse this morning, and they are going to phone me tomorrow to establish a Crisis plan. i am awaiting the NHS Trauma Pathway, due to PTSD triggered by past events. It seems a long wait. They don't know when it will begin at the moment. So many situations throw my mind into turmoil.

My GP sort-of knows, but not in any detail. I have been under care of the Crisis team at our local hospital. I was visited by shared care nurse from CMHT today, and tomorrow they will be phoning to establish a Crisis Care plan for me.
    That's great. Is there any way you can tell your GP? I'm glad that you're getting support, but yes sadly it is a long wait... We'll do what we can to support and help along the way.

I have the support of many friends on FB where I posted about my state of health - not much, but just in enough detail for the novice to understand. Seeing their responses helps to bring me back to the real world, albeit temporarily.

I am really off my food and finding it difficult to drink enough, or at all. Fighting the cravings for alcohol to take away the pain. However, I do have a very supportive new partner, who is doing his best to care for me. He brings me food he has made, and tries to get me to drink. He really has no experience of caring for those with mental health issues, and I find it really difficult to get the message across to him as to how I am feeling and how frightening it is. He doesn't really get it. Sending love to you. D xxx
    I'm glad you've friends who are trying to help.
    Well done to your new partner, but hunni if you don't give yourself food and drink then you won't be able to get better, even if it's just toast or dry bread and water... Do try to stay away from alcohol, it is a depressant and comes with a heap of other problems too...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I know what you mean about struggling to get the message across to loved ones on how they can help. I don’t know about you but what might be the right thing one day could be the complete opposite the next my moods can change so drastically. For example one day you might need loads of hugs to feel safe, another day any physical contact is enough to make your skin crawl.

Morning, lovely, how are you?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

How is today lovely? Have you managed to eat and drink today?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hey, sweetheart, I know things are tough right now but you have so many people who love you. How are you this morning?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.