Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: The final stretch

I know I’m never popular when I comment on these things but as far as the split up goes yes they will feel guilty for not realising just how bad things were for J but when it comes to divorce it’s the kids who are caught in the middle so why wouldn’t the grandparents wanna prioritise them so that having the parents living apart doesn’t hurt quite as much? Just offering a different perspective. Unfortunately the older generation aren’t the best when it comes to dealing with mental health. They were raised in the shrug it off and get on with it era.

Mira
    I remember my grandmother. Always nice and caring. But to my mother and her brothers and sisters she was terrible. I wont talk about what she did. But its a horror story.

But then why was she so good to us? No idea. But its something that happens often.

Its a shame how the in laws are treating your family. With little to no respect to J. And sometimes it could be as simple as a hug and telling him; I understand. Its ok.

Its the little things i guess.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I guess I just have very little tolerance for people who use emotional blackmail to get their own way. I'm not going to excuse them making their only sons life more difficult and feel like he's not worth as much after how they've been with him in the past.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Mira
    Well thats not a bad thing. I think its a good thing. There are people that do not deserve a lot of tolerance. And I have gotten to know you as a woman that had her compass pointing in the right direction.

Are you sure they truly realise what they’re doing? So many of us have blind spots with family members....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Emotional blackmail? What is it that they are trying to get? What kind of things are they saying/doing?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

It's emotional blackmail when you tell your son that he either goes to the local uni or they'll sell his car. That's scarred him enough that it came up recently in counselling. Not to mention how many times they've stuck me in the middle of things.

Ok but has that got a bearing on their relationship with the kids? Should it? Should it mean the kids don’t get something that is a tradition between them - whatever you think of the elf bags, whatever you think of how they behaved to J?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Actually, changing my reply.

I can't be bothered anymore. So just going to lock my thread and not bother. I'll stick to my mod duties
    Last edited by Jaquaia; 08-12-20 at 01:13 PM.