Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ****Triggers**** where am I going?

Stella's right.....please don't punish yourself. You're such a good and kind person. When I was at my lowest I used to watercolour...art that is. I'm no da Vinci but it took my head to lovely places and steered my mind away from destruction to distraction. You don't have to be an artist to paint..it's all about you. Why not give it a go? A brush or two and a cheap box of paints and a pad of artists paper. I think you'd be pleasantly surprised at what you can do. Start with a simple christmas card scene or something. When I was in rehab we had 3 classes a week and at the end of it everyone was really pleased with what they turned out..some of them were amazing! Don't beat yourself up by being who you think you are and be what we know you are. Give it a go!

That's a great idea! Over lockdown even I got pencils out with my 2 youngest and we were following some of the Disney tutorials on youtube!

OOO you could follow Bob Ross! He's amazing. Happy little trees and happy little seascapes! He's so relaxed and awesome!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Mira
    I am seeing that this can be read by everyone. I dont think i am at ease with that. So I should make another one then.

Great idea Flo. I have tried drawing etc in the past. Even took some lessons. But as with everything else I was my own worst critic and then stopped. I am trying writing now. See how that goes.

If it makes you feel more comfortable, definitely start a different thread. But please don’t disappear from us, lovely
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Mira
    I am trying. There are just so many obsticals I can not fight them all off. I had a lot of ideas for today but I can only sit in bed feeling bad.

Walker extraordinaire!
    sending hugs.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Do you want me to move this thread to a more private area?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Mira
    No thanks. I am feeling real fragile now anyway. So I dont feel like posting at all. I keep seeing and feeling reasons why people dont like me and dont want me around. And all the lovely things people say dont land.

From my own experience, the people here don't do anything by halves. When they say that you are a good friend and that they want you around, they really mean it. We all do.
    Do you think you can just believe that it's what we believe?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Suzi (25-11-20)