Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I did a stupid thing.

Haloeffect
    Yes. I want to be with the original girlfriend so must cut ties with The Girl From Neverland. It’s painful
    As she’s been a brilliant friend to me and really was great to me and because she’s not done anything wrong. It was my fault.

Then tell her.... Could you go back to just being friends with her or do you think you'll have to sever ties completely?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Haloeffect
    I would like to cut all ties but that will be impossible because of work. I’m not planning to see her or messaging her but I a replying to her messages currently but it’s all light stuff. In the ideal world I’d like to remain friends as she has been brilliant to me but my emotional involvement is too great. It will just mess me up. At the moment it just looks like a huge cross I will have bare.

Then distract yourself away. Remind yourself of all the reasons why you fell in love with your girlfriend love, go on dates, send spontaneous flowers, fall in love with her and your relationship together....

And remind yourself why you’re choosing your girlfriend .....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

rickayer
    Hello. Have you already got some changes in your life?

Haloeffect
    Hi, yes I have made some changes. IÂ’ve deleted the WhatsApp account which we used to message on. Well I thought I had but I could see I was still appearing on it on another phone so I had to load it again and I could see she had sent messages but I didnÂ’t read them and then completely deleted it so thatÂ’s gone. IÂ’ve also deleted Facebook and Facebook messenger. For now she can still call or use old fashioned texting to contact me and I expect her to do that when she realises IÂ’ve vanished from these other things.

For now we are still technically connected by work but sheÂ’s still furloughed and I may be leaving my job as itÂ’s turned to hell and that would mean I could completely get rid of her from my life but itÂ’s a bit drastic. ThereÂ’s also the chance she may be made redundant and I could push for that but thatÂ’s pretty awful. IÂ’d prefer her to come back but do something that doesnÂ’t involve me so we could have minimal contact by email and no face to face contact.

So....IÂ’m taking action to cut ties and it actually feels good. IÂ’m starting to think that there is a way out of this mess after all.

I know it sounds negative but IÂ’m
    Also trying to think of all the times she has said something that got me down and there arenÂ’t many but IÂ’m focusing on that side of things, trying to break the Halo Effect.
    Last edited by Paula; 01-10-20 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Merging posts - please try not to post twice in quick succession

That all sounds positive, well done hunni
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

That's really positive. I'm glad that you're working towards a happier time for you...

Walker extraordinaire!
    It's always good to finally be doing something towards achieving your goal.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.