Hi
It's been a long time since I have posted on here. Life has been good however I need to talk tonight.
It's been a year for everyone so I apologize for burdening you with my problems.
Back in January my 94 year old father was informed that the flat he had rented for the previous 10 years had been sold to a new owner who wanted him out.
It devistated him. Eventually in conjunction with social services we found him a flat in a complex. It was idea. HOWEVER the day we moved him in the lockdown started. I had effectively put him in a prison.
6 weeks into the lockdown he had a fall. He went into hospital. Whilst in hospital he contracted Covid 19.
He was in hospital for another 6 weeks when he came out it was agreed that he could no longer look after himself. He went into a nursing home and another 2 weeks quarantine.
When finally got to see him again he was a different man. He had wasted away and was living in his own very happy fantasy.
Last week the home told me he was dying. I went to see him. He was a skeleton. Still happy though. I will see him later today. They say he does not have long now.
I feel so cheated by the blasted virus. Being in lock down then isolated from us for so long has destroyed him.
My eldest brother has upset me deeply with a comment he made but that is another story. Thankfully typing this out has helped to settle me a bit.
Pen