Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My family and other animals

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset

My family and other animals

Hi
    It's been a long time since I have posted on here. Life has been good however I need to talk tonight.
    It's been a year for everyone so I apologize for burdening you with my problems.
    Back in January my 94 year old father was informed that the flat he had rented for the previous 10 years had been sold to a new owner who wanted him out.
    It devistated him. Eventually in conjunction with social services we found him a flat in a complex. It was idea. HOWEVER the day we moved him in the lockdown started. I had effectively put him in a prison.
    6 weeks into the lockdown he had a fall. He went into hospital. Whilst in hospital he contracted Covid 19.
    He was in hospital for another 6 weeks when he came out it was agreed that he could no longer look after himself. He went into a nursing home and another 2 weeks quarantine.
    When finally got to see him again he was a different man. He had wasted away and was living in his own very happy fantasy.
    Last week the home told me he was dying. I went to see him. He was a skeleton. Still happy though. I will see him later today. They say he does not have long now.
    I feel so cheated by the blasted virus. Being in lock down then isolated from us for so long has destroyed him.
    My eldest brother has upset me deeply with a comment he made but that is another story. Thankfully typing this out has helped to settle me a bit.
    Pen
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal.

I tried to explain to someone the other day that you don’t need to have COVID-19 for it to cause your death. I’m sorry you dad has struggled so much through lockdown. He’s had to endure so much and so have you. None of this is your fault.

Walker extraordinaire!
    I am so so sorry Pen.
    What a horrible situation and what a bog awful 6 months it's been.
    You and your family have really been through the mill but please know you have made only the best decisions you could in every way.
    There are no words to describe how I feel about Covid (well no good ones).
    Sending you much love as you walk through this sad time.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

I’m so sorry, Pen, what a horrible, horrible time for you all. Love, you are never a burden to us and we miss you when you’re away - please always know that we are here for you
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I just feel at the moment that everyone wants a bit of me and I have nothing left to give out. I am needed by my students, my son and daughter, my Dad, my brothers, my partner, her mum, my partner's kids, my dogs
    There just does not seem be anything left.

Oh love, I'm so sorry. What a horrible thing to be going on. Have you told those around you that you're finding things tough and right now it needs to be you focussing on you and your Dad and told them all to back off a bit?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (20-09-20)

Not sure I can.
    I have to do the extra work to make anywhere close to being able to pay the bills.

Why not? Other than work, the others should be supporting you right now, not the other way round
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (20-09-20)

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    hun but I do agree with Paula xx
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

Sweetheart if you don't get some of what you need - support and understanding then things are going to only get more difficult lovely....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!