Page 34 of 73 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike's Manse

Another wet day.

Just back from having my covid Astra Zeneca jab, brother in law took me as wouldn't fancy taking a taxi.

Soon be lunch time
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

I'm so glad you've had it. I've heard you get a sore arm for a few days, but that's about it... We'll leave you to be reporting on it...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

My sister had the Oxford vaccine a couple of days ago and she came down a headache and I sore arm but other that she’s ok. Not heard anyone else complain about reactions from the jab.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    My in laws are going for theirs today and my mum has hers next week. I'm in group 6 I think.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Suzi (28-01-21)

I’m so glad you’ve had it, lovely.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Reapy
    My partners mother had her vaccination on Saturday and she says she's not had any side effects, but then she has a crazy high pain/discomfort threshold lol

I think we'll be quite low down the list of people having it in our area, I don't have any physical issues and I'm in my mid 30's so I've still got a wait to go.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reapy For This Useful Post:

OldMike (29-01-21),Suzi (28-01-21)

No reaction to my Covid jab though speaking to some of my neighbours on my way home from shopping one had quite a bad reaction and felt unwell for about a week. Where I went they were very efficient and only spent 35-40 minutes there including the 15 minutes you wait afterwards though my neighbours across the road had to wait an hour in the car park and then another hour queuing inside waiting for the jab.

Got another letter this morning inviting me to go for a jab and at the end of the letter it said if you've already had the first jab ignore this letter and you'll receive a letter for your second jab.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Talking to people here, there’s a definite disparity with after jab nourishment depending on whether it’s done at the hospital, in temporary hubs etc - some get Malteser bunnies, some rich tea biscuits.........
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Well done Mike!.....re what Stella said....Zoe (Scotland) said that two of their school drivers had the Oxford jab. One had bad muscle and joint pain and the shivers for three days, the other one had no reaction. Two of their eldery residents had the Oxford. One was very poorly and the other had no problem at all. I think each person reacts differently to vaccines...my body doesn't like them much! Watch this space.

Glad you're doing well love. What's on your plan for today?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!