Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike's Manse

Oh no about the TV! Are you replacing it?
    What's up with your PC?

Did you manage to get things done today?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I think it must be catching Mike! But our tv is down to not much broadband power in the village! Can't do catch up. PC is slug like too.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Oh no about the TV! Are you replacing it?
    What's up with your PC?

Did you manage to get things done today?
    I spent 3 and half hours yesterday and only cleared (from grass and weeds) 1/3 of the flower bed next to the path.

I probably will get a new TV though there is no hurry this teeny tiny model will do for the time being.

My PC has 2 hard drives and I suspect one of them is making the noise like a drunken grandfather clock if it is not the system drive then I'll just disconnect it.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

I know the noise of a drunken grandfather - your poor PC
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

What's on your agenda this week? You doing anything social? What about Sis and Bil? Are they planning to visit for tea in the garden soon?

Nothing social planned this week not sure if you can meet up in Greater Manchester yet as we are a corona virus hot spot, had a good chat with sis on the phone this morning.

Windows 10 needed updating apparently my version of windows 10 is nearing the end of its life so a need to update to a shiny new version

Lot of gardening yesterday went okay until the last bit when grass creeping buttercup and sticky clay soil nearly defeated me anyway the flower bed sort but for how long couldn't say.

I'm just about to sally forth in to the garden, meant to start after lunch but the radio and Zelda kept me occupied

YAY for Zelda!
    OO how's the new windows? Was it a massive update? I hate Windows updates on Marc's machine as it controls our server and everything which has several thousand movies, loads of tv series and all our music, photos, documents etc on it!

I didn't reply yesterday as when I checked Windows 10 version it hadn't changed still 1903 so did some searching on Microsoft website down loaded "Update Assistant" and tried again several hours later same thing, found out it had failed with Error 0x80070652 could be the funny HD the one like a drunken woodpecker it spins up pecks a few times and spins down,. New HD on the way so when that's replaced will try again.

Spoke to Brenda on the phone for our fortnightly chat.

Shopping in the morning yesterday grrrr discarded masks on the floor outside the shop some people.

Bolton 5 miles up the road worst covid place in England came out of lockdown at midnight despite what the council leader wanted then 12 hours later was back in lockdown again confused well I am.

Piddled it down all yesterday from lunch onward so sweet FA done (apart from playing Zelda Breath of the Wild).

You ok, hunni?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

You sound pretty down, are you actually OK?