Page 13 of 73 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike's Manse

Sorry about the further lockdowns. It's a worry for everyone I think. However wouldn't it be more helpful if the rules were clearer?

Hope you enjoyed your pottering lovely.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

How are you feeling about it?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    How are you feeling about it?
    It is what it is Paula.

Spoke to sis this morning and the rest of her neighbours' have got the corona started with mum and daughter, now son and dad of tested positive dad with no symptoms at all. Another of sis's acquaintance who had corona way back in March has now tested positive again so much for immunity.

Was going to go shopping this morning but it started raining so lunce of a mackerel sarnie then set off to the shop weather fine on returning home it belted iy down with rain and hailstones and to add insult to injury as I stepped through my front dorr it stopped and the sun shone, had planned to potter in the garden but now don't think so.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

It does seem to be on the rise again hugely. Stay safe lovely... I assume Sis and Bil are keeping away from everyone around them!
    Have you thought about online shopping? Save you going out in the rain?

Walker extraordinaire!
    Hope you dry out quickly.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

I have very few words to say, but I offer a biiiiig virtual hug! 💜
    I am fluent in finnish, swedish, english, sarcasm and profanity.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sissy For This Useful Post:

OldMike (13-10-20)

Thanks Sissy

Update from the Towers installed a secondary expansion vessel as the original had failed/lost its charge and was most inconveniently positioned behind the boiler so would necessitate getting a man in to replace as the flue would need dismantling and I ain't into boiler dismantling so the new vessel is in a small space above the kitchen ceiling, for you boffins out there it is 8 litres pre-charged to 1 Bar so boiler pressure is now maintained.

New heated chrome towel rail plus a lockshield valve replacement as one may need replacing they arrive Wednesday.

Wake up at the back

Spent yesterday removing some old vinyl tiles from the kitchen floor.

Are you asleep or just resting your eyes

Not much wiser having listened to the 3 tier system introduced yesterday.

I think they spelt tear wrong. I’ve not fully understood the mentality of the measures put in place from day one.

If you go to this page https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54373904 and put in your postcode it tells you all the rules for your area. It's the best one I've found so far...

Sounds like you've been really busy! What are you replacing the floor tiles with?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

OldMike (17-10-20)

Whose idea it was to stick down vinyl wants poking up the ass with a pointy stick (metaphorically not in reality as that would be really stoopid) removing them was a pain combination of scraper plus heat gun for the more stubborn ones then you're left with a very stick floor if I stood still when I moved I left my slippers behind. I was imagining the news skeleton of old man found bonded to floor.

Well a combination of turps and a belt sander was needed to get rid of the glue I have some lino (vinyl flooring to put down, had it for years) or I may just varnish the boards).

Kitchen looks like a bomb hit it and dust everywhere so a lot of cleaning needed.