Page 38 of 73 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike's Manse

Yay! One more step closer to seeing your sis!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

That's such good news! I bet you can't wait to see her again!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

That's good new Mike! There is a covid jab set up at Taunton race course a few miles up the road....we said neigh to that and had them at our surgery instead!!

Flo that made me laugh!

Morning Mike, how goes it?

I'm great on a rather wet day, some say aye others neigh I'm just horsing around. Flo you always brighten my day
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Flo makes me laugh fall the time - but then so do you, Mike
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

You all do for me

Had an afternoon in the garden in the sun digging up the remainder of my spuds didn't get many only enough for 3 meals and dug up more grass than spuds soil really sticky and heavy going. The plus side it was was sausage & mash with bigga (yup that was the spelling on the tin) peas and gravy for dinner. Unblocked the grid the kitchen sink drains into as it was full of leaves. The downside I've got clods of soil scattered round the house

Sounds like a busy day! How were the spuds? Hope there wasn't too much mud!

Spuds were great thanks.

(Tuesday) Been busy replacing the kitchen radiator things not exactly going according to plan drilling for the new brackets I hit something hard it turned out to be metal capping over a cable so power off and pry off the capping bringing great chunks of plaster with it the so now I have metre of cable going nowhere stuck out of my kitchen wall so going under to the cloakroom under the stairs the cable ran down the wall under floor. So floorboards up and the able seemed to head down the hole so took two floorboards up in the hall no sign of the rogue cable so another floorboard up near the cloakroom door and the cable went up a hole in the floor and appeared to be heading between some corrugated hardboard and plasterboard there's about a 2" gap between the two and fill in the space up to the stairs so made a small hole in the plasterboard and was able to pull the cable out i had been cut off at bothe ends and seemed to have no purpose what so ever

(wednesday) Spent yesterday filling holes in the kitchen wall with initially with plaster until that ran out then with filler.

(Thursday) Today put back the hall carpet.

Well I bet you are all bored or is that board by my exploits need to wait for the plaster and filler to dry before I can finally drill for my rad brackets.

Done some shopping and I'm going to put my feet up and catch up with goings on at the Scottish Parliament.

Excuse any typos as couldn't be bothered going downstairs for my reading glasses