Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Withdrawal of Priadel from sale in April 2021

Oh I see. Can you ask Michael to make them into blister packs already sorted for you?
    Wibble, wobble, jelly on a plate...

My telephone consultation went really well. I have another appointment with Michael in November. I had my lithium levels done yesterday and they are already showing on my records. Lithium level with three weeks on Camcolit 0.81. This is very good and would not account for a slight dip in my mood. There is a lot going on at the moment with my in-laws. It’s just phone call after phone call and leaving message and OH making meetings. Hopefully MIL will go into one care home and FIL a different one. This is because he is abusing her. This might change when she has had some rest. She also has a bed sore which needs sorting too. The live in care will cease.

Iím so glad your body has coped so well with the change over. How long will it be before your in laws are able to go into their care homes?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

We are hoping Monday week. They both have to have COVID tests which I think the district nurse will do. They will also need to be quarantined in the home. They Leiston one does not really provide dementia care and would not be able to keep FIL safe. OH is going there on Monday for a chat with his Mum. She is not convinced that he would not be able to attack her in the other home. He shoved her the last time they were both in there. She has always said that she would stick by him but she is tired and ill and can’t take any more. FIL knows enough that he doesn’t want to go into a home and he could stay at home with the 24 hour carer. Social services have said that he has to go into the home.

Did you know that he was abusing her? Poor lady, having to deal with everything and this. It's great that social services are involved to make these decisions and be "the bad guy" in FILs opinions...
    So much going on for you. Are you able to rest/pace/do some self care?

I don’t think we knew the extent of the abuse. MIL does not want to involve the police. He has been doing it for a while. I think family have been forgiving of it but not any more.

That's awful... It's good she is getting some help now.