Page 70 of 74 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast

Thread: Flo'ing Along

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Crochet means I don't try stitching my fingers.... However crocheting big blankets in this heat - let alone the 30 oC + next week is not a sensible idea!

It's lovely to hear from you love! How are the kids? Ian?
    Hi love.....yes, we're both ok thanks. Kids are ok..grandkids ok, ...old man ok....Olly lying on his back with his legs apart trying to catch the odd breeze coming through the front door! Not much news but that's the way I like it! Hope everyone ok in your house. I'm another one that stitches my fingers together by mistake!! love to all.xxx

Glad all is going ok in your house love. How're your moods going? You still getting out and about walking? Still working in the shop and doing sandwiches etc?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

One of my katies cats doesn’t like the heat so she stuck some T-shirts in the freezer for him to lie on - he loves it!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

That sounds heavenly!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Glad all is going ok in your house love. How're your moods going? You still getting out and about walking? Still working in the shop and doing sandwiches etc?
    Well...now here's a thing!....I had an x-ray done on my right hip a few weeks ago and it appears that I have 'moderate' arthritis in the joint. However, I'm still walking a bit as it's good to keep the muscle tone. Basically I'm getting on with it. I don't work for the shop anymore. Stopped cakes and sarnies, but I make the odd birthday cake for people. Moods not bad at present. I'm going to see a therapist next week regarding the irrational anxiety I get periodically ....I'll let you know how I get on. Other than that, I'm doing ok and getting on with it......to the best of my ability. Life's alright at the moment. Going to the Glaucoma clinic this morning for a check-up. I'll let you know how I get on. Have a good day all.xxx

Hopefully the therapist can help you. Good luck this morning #thinklowpressure
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Flo (18-07-22)

How long ago did you give up the cakes etc? Are you still going to do the Christmas cakes?

Hope the appointments all go well love.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Flo (18-07-22)

Walker extraordinaire!
    Sorry to hear about your hip Flo.
    Is there any swimming pool near you? It's great to keep the joint moving but without putting pressure on it.
    Anyway, hope your pressures are good. X
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Flo (18-07-22)

Hi all......hope you've all got your undies in the freezer to minimise the heat. I took Olly out for a walk at 6.15 and it was nice and cool....I don't think we'll get the inferno like temps that others will get but we'll see. Stay in the cool....
    I'm seeing a physio in the next couple of weeks for exercises that will help my hip. I'm walking everyday to keep my muscle tone...up to now I'm managing quite well. Hope you're all ok...I'll let you know how I get on with the therapist. Have a good day...xxxxxx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

OldMike (18-07-22)

Sod having the undies in the freezer, I'm about to try to get in it myself!
    Glad you've got that physio referral, hope they really help love.