Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Flo'ing Along

Is it really almost a month since I've posted on my thread? Sacre Bleu!! Nothing much to report really. I've been enjoying the tennis at Queens and Eastbourne and look forward to Wimbledon starting tomorrow. Made two giant choc cakes for someone's birthday yesterday..making sure that next door's ginger tom didn't come in to snaffle the lot!! Bl**dy thing!! The weather is miserable here but muggy at the same time. I'm feeling ok apart from pins and needles in my hands again, so I'm hoping to have a word with the doctor who originally diagnosed me with GBS to see hopefully what I can expect if it's a recurrence. I'll let you know. Anyway, have a good day all.XXX

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

OldMike (27-06-21)

I’m salivating at the thought of those chocolate cakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    I’m salivating at the thought of those chocolate cakes.
    Yeh! I salivated too, but wiped off the cakes before I gave them to the recipient!

I really hope it's not a recurrence and it buggers off and leaves you alone love.

Yum for chocolate cake! Always reminds me of this by the very awesome Michael Rosen:

Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Flo (27-06-21)

That’s cool

I adore Michael Rosen!

Mmm chocolate cake my fav, good to see you're still making cakes, next door's ginger tom you know you love him
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Quote Originally Posted by OldMike View Post
    Mmm chocolate cake my fav, good to see you're still making cakes, next door's ginger tom you know you love him
    Yes Mike....like a hole in the head!!!

Hi folks....just finished my daily chores and will shortly settle down to watch a day of tennis...not for everyone I know, but I love the men's singles! I went to see the Dr that diagnosed the GBS on Monday. I've started to have pins and needles in my hands and feet again. I rang the surgery and explained what was going on and within minutes was phoned back by the doctor who saw me the same day. Apparently he doesn't think it's a flare up but a 'consequence' of the GBS...the only analogy I can come up with is 'aftershocks' after an earthquake!! I still have no reflexes in my legs or feet but have been advised it could take 18 mths or longer to recover fully. I'm just an impatient 'B'!! I can live with that prognosis! Nothing to report really...weather is ok and I've actually been gardening...not my forte at all! I'm a bit useless at it. Well, to be honest I just don't like it! Anyway....have a good weekend all. L&BW xxx

So glad you were able to speak to your Dr so fast and that they were able to help. Definitely keep an eye on though lovely...
    Apart from the pins and needles, how are you doing?