Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Flo'ing Along

Wowwww Flo! You are awesome and have so much courage! I wish I had the guts To try To uni. One Day... But I am so proud of you, so happy for you, and extremely exited To hear More about this!
    I am fluent in finnish, swedish, english, sarcasm and profanity.

I think it's awesome! I think everyone should have a go at further education if it's a subject that interests them!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    Familiarise yourself now with the library resources and it will make it so much easier for you when the module website opens. And make sure your computer is organised as it will make it easier to upload your TMA/EMA.

You'll be absolutely fine!
    God, I do hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by Sissy View Post
    Wowwww Flo! You are awesome and have so much courage! I wish I had the guts To try To uni. One Day... But I am so proud of you, so happy for you, and extremely exited To hear More about this!
    Thanks Sissy.....I'll give it a go! Are your new hens ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I think it's awesome! I think everyone should have a go at further education if it's a subject that interests them!
    The proof of the pudding suzi...I've been reading up on their computer guide and forums and my brain is literally addled...my eyes are like 2 pee holes in the snow!!..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Suzi (29-08-20)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    You'll get a lot of help from the tutors and other students so don't worry. And don't forget, you only need a bare minimum of 40 to pass and level 1 doesn't count towards your final classification
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    I have a friend on another forum who's the same age as me and regrets bitterly that she didn't follow her dream of becoming...wait for it....a master mechanic working for an F1 team!!!
    I always wanted to be a mechanic but the course was so popular I couldn’t get on it. Two girls who did get places dropping out after a short period which annoyed me when I wanted it so badly. I did work in the motor trade for a few years in different roles but it just wasn’t the same. I’ve always been car mad and being around engines and grease made me happy. I’m too old and unfit to be crawling around under cars now but I used enjoy getting my hands dirty.

You're going to be more than fine!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Flo (30-08-20)

You're a fixer stella and I had a hunch you are good with mechanics! I can see you stripping down an engine or an appliance and putting everything back together 'just so'! Most people wouldn't have a clue!...me included.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    You'll get a lot of help from the tutors and other students so don't worry. And don't forget, you only need a bare minimum of 40 to pass and level 1 doesn't count towards your final classification
    Thanks Jaq, that's good to know! It's navigating forums and sending TMA's and retrieving results etc. that's going to screw me, but like you say...I'll just have to have the courage to ask that's all. Your input is very much appreciated believe me!

Yes Flo, New Girls are getting along with the rwst of my flock pretty nicely. New feathers are coming slowly
    I am fluent in finnish, swedish, english, sarcasm and profanity.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    Thanks Jaq, that's good to know! It's navigating forums and sending TMA's and retrieving results etc. that's going to screw me, but like you say...I'll just have to have the courage to ask that's all. Your input is very much appreciated believe me!
    If it helps, I can talk you through submitting your first one when it's nearer the time.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro