Page 45 of 74 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Flo'ing Along

Had to look up what it was you've got sounds scary hope you get better soon Flo
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

I'm home!....exhausted but happy. I'm having physio twice a week and also have exercises in between. My left leg suffered the worst damage and it can't be trusted to carry out my flamingo party piece! I've got off lightly. Hands still weak and a bit numb as are my feet and abdomen but it ain't gonna get me. I finished my 4 day treatment of white blood cell potion, and was staggered (no pun intended) to learn that each bottle - 14 in total - cost £1,800 each! Blasted drug companies knew they were on to something good (cheap to start with) and have bumped up the price ever since...wicked bas****s! Anyway....have a nice Easter all of you and I shall check in soon. I have learned a valuable lesson from all of this. Thou shalt not whinge at curve balls thrown at me......get a bloody grip and get on with life...it's so precious. I'll check in soon. Luvya.xxx

I love that you have maintained your sense of humour during a scary time but I’m glad the treatment has helped and you are back home.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Flo (05-04-21)

I’m so glad you’re home! Rest as much as you need to, love
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Flo (05-04-21)

I'm so glad you're home! Make sure you rest, rest and rest!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Flo (05-04-21)

I shall try and be a good girl....promise! Got no choice really...I'm buggered!!! Has anyone got any ideas on potions etc., that I can take to boost my energy levels? Should I be suspicious of certain multivitamins?

First I’d suggest good old vitamin C - the last thing you need is to pick up an infection. I avoid multivitamins as they can contain minerals that wouldn’t necessary work for me, but that’s just because of the meds I’m on.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Flo (06-04-21)

Again, I'd go vit c, vit d, vit b12 and some iron - but that's because those are the one I'm always really deficient for!

Is Ian taking good care of you? Are you mobile? Can you get out to sit in the garden (if it's warm and sunny obviously)?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Flo (06-04-21)

Walker extraordinaire!
    Small regular (5/6 per day) healthy meals with plenty of protein and healthy fats for energy. Plenty of fluids and plenty of rest. Your energy will return but it will take time. Your body has been through so much love, give it a chance.
    Physio will help with the exercise and try to keep your brain stimulated with puzzles, reading, jigsaws etc.
    Sleep when you need it and try get some fresh air each day, even sitting in the garden with a big blanket round you if necessary
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Suzi (05-04-21)

Glad you're home Flo there's some good tips from the ladies and be a good girl and follow the docs advice thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

17. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Flo (06-04-21)