Page 41 of 74 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Flo'ing Along

I'm going to phone the surgery as soon as they open this morning to get an appointment....I'll let you know how I get on.

Good to hear
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Oh no! I hate you're in pain, but I'm glad you're going to see the Dr about it. Let us know what they say?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I got an appointment with my doctor at 11am this morning.....she rang at 08.45 so I could give her the lowdown. Apparently my Throid results came back normal! Anyway, she spent 25 minutes giving me a thorough going over ....examined my back, abdomen, liver area and everything else. She thinks that the pain I'm having is muscular and has given me Naproxen plus Omeprazole. She said definitely NOT to take Panadol Extra as it contains caffeine! She feels that the reason I'm feeling tired/exhausted and lead legged is because of the interrupted and very little sleep I'm getting. Tbh, these days my pain threshold is low and I tend to throw anything I can down my throat to get rid of it!! Anyway, she said that if after a week or so I still have the pain I'm to let her know and we'll go down another route and do more tests - I hope it doesn't come to that! - . So basically that's that......so I'll keep you updated. Thanks for asking it's lovely to know that people who care!.....I've decided that in my next life I'm coming back as a much loved dog!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

OldMike (20-03-21)

So glad that you've had a good going over and that she listened to you properly. Naproxen is a good one but make sure you take the omeprazole too love.

Walker extraordinaire!
    I'm glad you got see so quickly and thoroughly!.
    Hopefully the Naproxen does the job. Here's to better sleep too! We all know how important that sleep is for our MH never mind anything else.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Thanks suzi and SM......I shall be a good girl and take my medicine as directed! I hope the Naproxen works as I'm looking forward to a de cent night's sleep! You're absolutely right about good sleep being essential for MH....I'm useless and ratty without sleep! I'll let you know how I get on.xxx

Naproxen is helping my mum ( her discs are so eroded she’s got vertebrae bone on bone) , so hopefully it’ll help you too. Big hugs, lovely
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Naproxen is great, just take it as directed love...

Glad you got something for the pain Flo, in my next life I'm coming back as a CAT after all cats have nine lives, I'm no fool

Afore I go these are for you Flo
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"