Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Flo'ing Along

Sounds like a lovely day!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Just come back from Honiton to get a few essentials. It's absolutely tipping it down here. I went for a walk at 7am and there wasn't a cloud in the sky!!..Grrr......I'm going to settle down now and do a bit of knitting. Have a good day all....back later.

Sounds like a plan. I’m going to do my meds then bunker down for the rest of the day

*hunker* :/
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Love that you are hunkering down for the storm! Hope you are staying safe down there...

Walker extraordinaire!
    I just wanted to drop by and tell you I think you are amazing. Your posts of advice, help and support offered today really touched me. Your strength and care for others struggling really shone through. I love your honesty and ability to be positive in all circumstances. Basically... you rock!!
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Flo (28-08-20),Jaquaia (29-08-20),OldMike (29-08-20),Paula (28-08-20),Suzi (28-08-20)

I completely agree!

Thank you for your kind words....I wouldn't have said anything to Shine had I not had experience on that subject....I feel for her. I do hope that if the need arises that she will seek help.

Well I think everyone here rocks.....SM, you have a lovely way with people too...as of course does Boss Lady!!...I'm going to bed now...speak tomorrow. Sweet dreams all....XXX

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (28-08-20),Suzi (28-08-20)

Sleep well gorgeous. It's your openness and honesty about it that is so needed...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Flo (29-08-20)

OK then I shall spill the beans!.....I've signed up for an OU course. Many years ago when my dad was alive I started a BA in Arts and Humanities, I was doing quite well and enjoying it when he became ill and I found that trying to study and looking after him difficult...I got close to finishing Level 1 when it became impossible so I had to stop the course. I've always wondered what would have happened if I'd continued. You'll all think I'm mad but I've enrolled again for the same course. I'm under no illusion that it will be easy - Jaq, you'll know what I mean as you're doing a degree course yourself! - It's going to be a slog, and being 67 I'm questioning if I'll have the brain power, but I'll certainly have the time!! The OU have told me that they have older people than me doing degrees which is comforting!
    I haven't told anyone else for fear of being ridiculed...a lot of people will think I'm mad. I've got my text books which are lovely and in a nervous/excited way I'm looking forward to it. I guess I have something to prove after all of those years of drinking and missing out on that 'something' which would make my parents and myself proud...I had potential at school but messed around. So before I leave this earth I'm going to give it a damn good go. I need encouragement, confidence and a push, so maybe you guys can throw me some confidence along the way.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Walker extraordinaire!
    Well done Flo!! Super proud of you.
    With your determination and positivity I know you will make it through. Once you get back into the 'flow' studying again it will come back to you.
    I love that you saw what you wanted and went for it. You are truly a go-getter!!
    I'm a ditherer so I love and admire the 'up and at it' attitude in others.
    Huge huge congratulations. X
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.