Page 25 of 74 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Flo'ing Along

Quote Originally Posted by Allalone View Post
    Yes Flo I was up doing the night shift too!

Are you enjoying your course?
    Yes thanks...I'm wading my way through Mozart at the moment....there's only so much Mozart a human can take!!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    How's the course going? What's the silly stuff?
    making snowflakes, reindeer and angels out of icing!

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    Yes please tell about the silly stuff
    More silly stuff Mira? Making bows out of silk ribbon to pin on a few Christmas cakes. Sticking cloves into oranges to give a nice smell of Christmas!

I love Mozart!
    Making all those out of icing?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I love Mozart too but I've had to listen to an extract about 25 times to answer an essay question! He wasn't assassinated by any chance was he?

What are you doing your degree in?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    What are you doing your degree in?
    The Arts and Humanities!

Fantastic!

Morning!.... Thought I'd better put something in here before my thread disappears completely! Just spent the last 15 minutes emailing the OU. I can't reset my password. They're updating their system. I've tried everything. Can't get hold of them by phone as it rings about 3 times then cuts off. I'm so angry! Hoping I get a reply from them later otherwise I'm screwed! Got a call from my doctor yesterday to say that my thyroid blood test has come back 'borderline'. Have to have another test in 3 months. Anyone that has a thyroid problem knows that 'borderline' can be tricky. If I'm 'overcooked' then it will explain my feeling of being a nervous wreck all the time. It's not an exact science, but even the minutest change of dosage can be quite life changing. So I'm fed up! Oh and Amazon left a message the other day to say 'parcel handed to resident'! Like f**k!! I was in all day and nothing arrived. Neighbours don't have it either. My guess is that it was getting late and they couldn't be bothered and went home....this has happened before! After quite a while I managed to get a human to phone me from customer service dept. and told him. So they are repeating the process and hopefully today I'll get something. It's only a set of espresso cups but it's the principle of the thing..Ian broke one and I broke another....I detest liars!! I don't mind waiting for things if they don't have time but don't tell me you've delivered when you haven't!! I've been so anxious about everything I burst into silent sobs () with frustration. Poor Ian! You know it's a good idea that we aren't allowed firearms like the U.S. because to be honest I wouldn't trust myself with a gun when I get angry and that's the truth. So RANT OVER..... thought I'd 'fess up' and be honest. Oh well..today is another day I might even get my espresso cups..and you never know, I may even be able to get hold of the OU!! Have a good day...be back laterxxxx

Walker extraordinaire!
    Hope you get sorted with OU.
    A lot of understandable frustration going on. Better to let it all out. Today is a new day, hopefully all will be easy in the world of Flo. X
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Flo (17-12-20)

So glad you've posted lovely.
    I hate that about deliveries too. I so rarely leave the house I know when things have been delivered and when they haven't!
    Hazel has an underactive thyroid which is controlled by meds and has been for years now.. My MIL has an overactive one so I've seen it on both sides of the fence. I hope you get it sorted one way or another.
    Hope that the OU get back to me. That's horribly annoying.

Massive hugs for the emotions love, I really sympathise.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Flo (17-12-20)

Oh, hunni, I don’t think I’ve ever heard you quite so upset over things . Thyroid, when it’s not controlled, is a b*gger, and has a massive effect on mood and physical health - I empathise...... We’ve had all sorts of problems in my town with deliveries - some believed stolen, others dumped (apparently a big pile of parcels was found dumped just around the corner from my friend’s house the other day). It’s appalling.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Flo (17-12-20)