Page 13 of 74 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Flo'ing Along

Haha! Most of them seem to be away with the fairies Mike!!!...but so much for the sweaters! I got in touch with the British Hen Welfare Trust and mentioned the sweaters and they said that it's not a good idea. She said that if they get wet or damp it makes them cold and wet. She recommended that I put extra straw in their beds and in their outdoor shelters. Oh well....we'll see how it goes eh?

Straw is definitely not as pretty though

Howard you, lovely lady?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Aww, so no sweaters? That's sad.... But extra straw is a good call too...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I'm ok thanks Paula....busy getting things sorted for when Zoe comes down. Made up the beds yesterday. Just generally pottering about and keeping myself out of mischief.

You're really looking forward to seeing them then! When do they arrive? How long are they down for?

I was wondering about those sweaters, because they could also rub the remaining feathers and wear them down. But then again, I know some ladies put those sweaters on their Girls only for the nigt. Chickens night gowns sound actually pretty awesome, don't you think? They don't get wet during the night in coop, when they actually are most likely to be cold. Also they don't rub much either while they sleep. But even if you choose not to dress them up for night, nobody can keep you from making sweaters and get cute photos for christmas cards!
    I am fluent in finnish, swedish, english, sarcasm and profanity.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sissy For This Useful Post:

OldMike (16-10-20)

Aww that's a lovely idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    You're really looking forward to seeing them then! When do they arrive? How long are they down for?
    Of course I'm looking forward to seeing them! You sound as if I'm doubting it!....They fly down on Monday and go back on Friday, sanitized and masked to the hilt! I doubt we'll be going anywhere. If we go over to the pub for a meal, all of their tables are well distanced. Can't wait to hug all of them. Little Jen has grown a bit and Dan is 6'1 1/2' so he'll have to duck in the house. No expensed spared as God only knows when we'll see them again!

Quote Originally Posted by Sissy View Post
    I was wondering about those sweaters, because they could also rub the remaining feathers and wear them down. But then again, I know some ladies put those sweaters on their Girls only for the nigt. Chickens night gowns sound actually pretty awesome, don't you think? They don't get wet during the night in coop, when they actually are most likely to be cold. Also they don't rub much either while they sleep. But even if you choose not to dress them up for night, nobody can keep you from making sweaters and get cute photos for christmas cards!
    I don't think I'll be knitting them sweaters sissy but Ian is thinking of insulating the inside of the coop. The neighbours already think I'm bonkers as it is!! By the way...an update.....all 4 of them share a large bowl of warm porridge in the mornings as soon as they come out of their coop!!...they love it...then it's mince at about midday.....more corn and pellets...then at 3pm it's ham and some potato peelings....then at teatime they have some scattered corn and sunflower seeds.... so I'm working on the November menu at the moment!!

Those birds are better fed than I am!

Better fed than us too!!.....my cousin says I'm a daft mare!!