Page 30 of 74 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Flo'ing Along

Thanks Mike. We didn't really know how old she was - or Fang for that matter - we've had them for about 12 or so years and didn't know their age at the beginning. But yes she had a good life.

How are you both today love?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hi suzi...we're both fine thanks. No regrets about putting Fluff out of her misery. We obviously miss her, especially in the morning but it's something we'll get our heads around, it just take time. Thanks for asking. How is your lovely tribe?

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Much love hunni, it's so horrible...
    We're all OK thanks in our own sweet ways lol

Flo's thread is looking a bit grim! .....I wanna tell you a storrrry!....Can't remember if I mentioned it but we have new broadband provider...Sky. It does our calls too. ...Anyway....the internet went down for nearly 12 hours on Saturday and I had to get NDN to send an email to Zoe and cuzz who lives on her own in case they tried to ring...blah..blah...blah.....after ten minutes YES ten minutes folks, to a sky tecky on a one bar signal on mobile phone, he talked us through various things without success then said he'll have someone come out this morning. The internet came back on in the meantime, but we didn't cancel the engineer as it may happen again. They duly arrived at 09.30 (same blokes that installed it)...they checked some things and said the interruption may have been caused by sudden low temperatures (grey box outside). Oh COME ONNN!! So I said to him: 'So everybody that lives in Alaska and Russia doesn't have any internet then during the winter??!!!....no comment....so they decided to go up the pole up the road. Sure enough, there was a loose connection and after half an hour at the dizzying height of 10 feet they came back with the good news! All is now well (fingers crossed). I wanted to check my broadband speed without going through silly sites ...tapping this and that ....no to cookies....want all your info.....etc. etc. (couldn't remember what Nigel my poota man went into) so he told me what to tap in and it was immediate results...no tapping in anything! He uses it for his (Sky man) anyway, we've gone from 7Mbps to 71Mbps and Flo is now a happy bunny.
    And the rest of you are either bored stiff or asleep...but I just had to tell someone!!!

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    We're with BT and often get 4mbps. If I have a tutorial no one else can use the internet half the time!
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

YAY! Round here so many people have problem with sky, but virgin is the worst as they use the old NTL cables which were pants then and are still pants. We're with BT too as they seem the most stable around us.
    So glad you're all back online!

Yes! I can relate to that! It's a pain in the butt isn't it? It turned out that we were paying too much for our package and weren't getting what we were entitled to. Netflix was impossible, the little red circle just kept going around and a 'trying again' display was there all the time. When we told Sky about it they looked into it and offered Fibre plus the installation free including free phone calls. We have a very cheeky friend that barters with them and gets ridiculous prices for his own packages...they'll do almost anything to avoid losing a customer. Half the time people are paying far too much for what they get Living rurally has it's downside doesn't it?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (25-01-21)

Virgin have just laid fibre in our area, apparently there’s something wrong with the angle of tubing that went into our house so they need to get the construction team in to dig it up and replace (nope, I’ve no idea either). We’ve been with Sky for years but they won’t be getting fibre anytime soon and our broadband speed is ridiculously poor. Patience, Paula
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.