Page 98 of 108 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunshine after the rain

Walker extraordinaire!
    Thank you Flo. As ever it all makes sense.
    Yes I know not getting to swim is really affecting my mood because of the ease it gives me from flashbacks etc and yes I find it hard to want to go out in the rain.... I never used to be like that.
    My little dog is a hulking great German Shepherd who is stuck like velcro to me. She is my love but yet it's hard to motivate even to take her out, also probably because she hates the rain too and would much rather just snuggle up beside me on the sofa.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Flo (14-01-21)

Sounds like the best option at the moment - the weather is truly horrible today.

Hulking great German Shepherd???.....what gave me the idea she was a lapdog pooch? Crikey, she'd probably crush you if she sat on your lap!! I've only known a couple of GS's owned by other people and both totally dominated the sofa and practically had to be surgically removed from their 'people' when they went to bed...but for all I know maybe they slept in the middle!!! Getting motivated during this weird incarceration is very hard isn't it for everybody? There's light at the end of the tunnel though...spring won't be long now and the evenings will be longer in a couple of weeks we'll have broken the back of winter and we can start being half human again and our heads will hopefully be full of optimistic things...and the swimming pool will be open again very soon I hope. Have a nice evening sweet.xx

Walker extraordinaire!
    Yip...she may be large but still a lap dog pooch

We have that problem with Crash - he's huge, takes up the whole sofa, but has to be attached to someone all the time lol

I'm glad you have worked out why you're struggling. Next thing is how to put things in place to make things easier for you....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Is she a leaner? Max had to always sit close to me and would lean to put his body weight on me. He was very good at leaving its fur all over me too lol

Walker extraordinaire!
    Psychology appt done and dusted for another week.
    Day 1 of trying to add a little bit of structure to my life.
    That involves putting my phone down now until lunchtime.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (18-01-21)

How was psychology? Are you building in process time?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    Yeah. I went for a cycle after psychology to clear my head. Later I will sit down and write some stuff down that is really jumping out at me to act on.

Been out some errands and made some homemade tomato soup. Had some for lunch with a sandwich.

Going to tidy the craft room for a while, then a walk with Katie. At least its dry today!

You sound so much more optimistic today! That's good. Have a lovely walk with Katie.x