Page 97 of 108 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunshine after the rain

Oh Paula

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    I offered that to mine .... no one took me up on the offer
    I've heard that you have very many qualities - that much is obvious, but that your culinary skills are not one of your best......
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

That particular gene may have passed me by - Si doesn’t even let me microwave my WW meals anymore
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Walker extraordinaire!
    I ended up falling asleep after dinner last night, woke up just before 8, had a cup of tea, watched The Repair Shop and went to bed.
    I'm not sleeping great and was really tired but couldnt sleep. Got up this morning, took Io to work came home, got back into bed and slept till 10am.
    I'm really getting my sleep messed up through this lockdown, more than any other. Have to take C to work in a while and need to run into Asda for a couple of things but really I'm struggling to motivate myself through my days.
    There is so much I could be doing and I dont seem to be able to do anything.
    Someone please send a kick up the bum to jolt me into usefulness.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

I'm not going to give you a kick, but you are doing so much running around dropping kids to work etc at random times and trying to be busy to stop flashbacks/thoughts etc that actually I'm not surprised you're struggling. When did you last sit and pace or rest properly or allow yourself the time to process what you are talking about in therapy? What about some meditation before bed?

You don’t seem to be doing much self care atm, love, can you spend the next couple of days doing things you love rather than what you ‘should’ be doing?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Walk done. It was good to stretch my legs and feel active while the rain had actually stopped! For me this has been the longest week of any lockdown.
    I need to try and find a bit of structure to make it through next few weeks
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Are you sure you don't want to talk about things more?

Are you feeling a bit claustrophobic and restrained? You've been used to taming your gremlins by swimming long distances and the freedom it gives you when you focus plus the fact that it gets rid of the tension you feel I expect. The weather has been lousy so maybe you can't get out as much as you'd like, and the afternoons are dark which doesn't help either. I know it doesn't help me. I know I suffer when I can't get out for long walks because walking keeps my head straight. Basically my routine has been knocked into cocked hats! Are you trying to catch up on sleep? From where I'm standing you work hard to keep all the family cogs going round, but don't deny yourself the little luxuries that you deserve...being waited on, baths by candle light, heaving the kids up to their room so you can have time with hubby! I don't know.....just little things that you might enjoy. By the way, what breed is your little dog?xx

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (14-01-21),Suzi (14-01-21)