Page 9 of 108 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunshine after the rain

Be kind to you love!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    Swim definitely improved the mood today.
    Nipped into Tesco to get some dog food on the way home and Christmas sweet tubs are £4. Bought what I needed for my nieces and nephews. I'm determined to be sorted early in case A gets made redundant.
    I have crocheted gifts for my sister and best friend. I'm finishing the mil a shawl. I have done cowls for A's aunties.
    I have got gin making kits for my brothers and their wives. By December I would like to only have our own kids to get.
    I adore Christmas but since I took ill I find it very stressful, never knowing what to buy people and the crowds etc.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

2 years ago I decided to do all mine online. Best thing I did - no stress, no crowds, just lists, emails, folders and organisation *happysigh*

I’m glad the swim helped, lovely
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I get stressed over Christmas too, so like Paula I do my shopping online!....BTW..are you saying that Tesco are already flogging christmas stuff??!! No wonder people freak out. With me it's money sent to the grandkids and my kids and a few simple prezzies that travel well just to open for fun..haha! Glad you had a good swim love.

Walker extraordinaire!
    I only saw the sweet tubs to be fair.... after all we have Halloween first.... maybe the tubs are for Halloween but the dates are good so Christmas it is.
    I normally give my nephews money but i like to have sweets to wrap up for them too for under the tree.
    Yip they are 19, 21 and 23.... I need to wise up.
    Likewise my nieces are/will be married so its sweets and a voucher for a meal out somewhere.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I have a box full under the bed for the kids already! I'm excited to be able to buy for them as if they're my own but J is utterly bemused as he normally leaves it til the last minute!
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Jaq that's awesome!

SM you're so organised!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I’ve normally started by now cos I like to spread the cost to make it easier but this year I haven’t got a clue where to start.

I actually have a policy not to do any present buying till after Si’s birthday (7 November)
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Present buying is fine, but refuse to contemplate putting decorations up until after my birthday (21st Nov)
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro