Page 50 of 108 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunshine after the rain

Hope that's the only thing you forget today! In our house it seems to be masks that keep being forgotten!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Awww sweetie its a pain when that happens and can throw your day out at times aswell.
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

Walker extraordinaire!
    Apart from tacking the ironing today I have achieved very little. I sat on my bum all afternoon knitting and my amazing hubby treated us to a chippy for tea. Fire lit, Christmas movies on and I vegetated.
    Why do I always feel guilty for taking a gentle day? I actually feel ashamed at my lack of activity and worried my family is thinking how lazy I am.
    A just tells me I'm too hard on myself but I do actually wonder where that deep-seated belief comes from.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Mira
    I can relate. Going through the same where I can even get mad at myself for being inactive. And in the end its A thats right.

If I wrote in a post that I lit a fire, and had a lovely meal while being under a blanket on the sofa with a christmas movie on. Would you reply to me going wow you lazy boy! Why did you not do anything? Or would you say hey Mira good for you. Hope you enjoyed it?

So it could also be about being kind to yourself. I for one hope you are relaxed and are enjoying the moment.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (14-11-20)

Nice post Mira. Haha, go on SM, get out of that one lol.

It’s the weekend. We all need time to chill and just do things we like to do. If knitting and a feel good movie works to recharge the batteries then it’s mission accomplished.

Yes you are being far too hard on yourself. It's not a lazy day, it's a recharging day!

Knitting isn’t being lazy, it’s productive!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

And in my case takes a huge amount of concentration! Definitely not lazy!

Walker extraordinaire!
    I know you are all completely right.
    I guess I just wonder why I feel the way I do. Where does that guilt come from? Why do I feel rest is wrong and undeserved? Etc
    Overthinking much?
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

I totally get the guilt thing. I feel guilty for everything I ever did. I’m also told here that I have nothing to apologise for but I’m not sure that is true. I think so long as we try to improve on who we are do rather than looking at the past that is the way forward. Not going to pretend that is easy cos it’s a real struggle for me, I only hope your journey is easier.