Page 37 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunshine after the rain

Walker extraordinaire!
    Have spent the weekend staying busy and distracting. Lots of cooking and baking. Fitted in a swim yesterday and a long beach walk this morning with Io and Katie. It was bright but very blowy, my favourite beach weather. Got a good bit of crochet done too.
    I've also been concentrating on eating regularly. My CPN weighed me on Friday and I'm below my agreed lowest weight boundary so I need to eat a bit better although I honestly think it's just the swimming burning it off. I swam 5 days this week to help my head, that's bound to be affecting my weight because I do at least 50 lengths every time I go.
    Tonight I am going to have a slice of the cherry pie I made and maybe some icecream with it........ that should be all the pounds gained that I need!!!
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Exercise does burn calories, but not as much as you’d think. Has your CPN talked to you about what you should be eating? I know from other work I do proof reading hospital leaflets that there are surprising ways to increase your calorie intake
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Yeah I know how to fortify my diet. I guess sometimes I just forget to eat so I need to focus more on eating regularly. When I do eat I eat fairly well.

Could you try keeping an accurate food diary?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Mira
    I just deleted a whole post since I thought at the end of writing it SM is a really smart woman. She knows everything you wrote down.

Maybe for a time being it should have a bit more focus for you. Maybe the diary?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (25-10-20)

Walker extraordinaire!
    Thanks. I'm setting alarms on my phone for meal reminders.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Paula (26-10-20),Stella180 (25-10-20)

Good! You could keep that food diary in the healthy eating section if you wanted to?

Walker extraordinaire!
    Thanks. I do a photo log.
    I snap everything I eat, and what's left if I dont finish it. Its easier than having to write everything down. That way my CPN actually gets to see exactly what I'm eating.
    It's not what I eat.....I'm actually really healthy with food apart from the odd blow out. Its skipping meals and maybe not finishing them is the biggest issue. I also have to be careful I dont get obsessive about it as I have had food issues in the past and worrying about food cannot become my soul focus or its really unhealthy for me.

That's why I was suggesting the meal diary as you can then see whether you have or haven't eaten meals, but your way works too I have also had issues with food, so I do understand not making it your focal point...

How are you doing today?

Walker extraordinaire!
    Went to knit and natter group today.
    Before I took ill I was knitting myself an Aran jumper. For 4.5yrs it has languished in a bag deemed impossible to continue as it's a really intricate pattern and needs lots of concentration. I had completed the back and halfway up the front.
    Today with a lot of encouragement from my lovely group I lifted it out of the bag, picked it up and worked on it for the duration of the class. I think it tired me out more than my swim earlier!!
    But I am so proud of myself pushing through my fear and anxiety over working on it again. I was so scared of ruining it.
    I did 8 whole rows of it today. Doesn't sound alot but after 4 years it's enough to get me started again on it.