Page 35 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunshine after the rain

You have every right to feel the way you do. Depression robs us of so much and it’s ok to take time to mourn those losses so long as we don’t let them them consume up.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (21-10-20)

I get it totally. I've been robbed of my teaching career. I loved teaching the kids I did. I know I'll never be able to teach again and that really hurts - it sounds big headed but I was bloody good at what I did...
    So I may not be teaching and helping kids that way and you may not be nursing, but with working here you are still helping people, just in a different way... I know it doesn't feel it, but it is true.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (21-10-20)

I trained for 3 years as an Holistic Therapist and Reflexologist - my dream job. I took the plunge to give up the day job and start up my own business. 6 months later I was admitted to a mental health hospital, and that was that. It sucks, lovely, and sometimes it’s too hard to be positive about it. So, stamp your feet all you want (you deserve to be able to do that every now and then) but, as Stella says, don’t let it eat you up
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (21-10-20)

Mira
    As you can see here is the place where you can let it out. People understand. I too have had the same happen to me. Where I could not go on with school because of my mental health issues. And at the time I was so rough at myself for being lazy.

You are a remarkable woman. And thats just me looking at the kind of person you are. When I see your struggles and how you give your best. And yes you do. That must make you one of a kind. I am sorry you did not get to work in the field you wanted. I truly do. But one of the things I love about this place is that I look at the person and not what they do.

And then I am just thankful you are here.

Yes it sucks. I know the feeling. And its ok to have those feelings. But always try to put something else next to it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (21-10-20),Suzi (21-10-20)

You're anything but self pitying SM! As everyone else says depression and everything else that goes with it takes us hostage and the ransom we pay is a very high price but you'll never lose your skills as a nurse, and maybe one day you can use the nursing skills plus your experience with mental health issues to your advantage - combine the two as it were....the experts on depression (and alcoholism) are the ones that experience it or live with it in someone they love. You have so much compassion for others who suffer and are a much loved member of the DWD team. You're still a young woman and one day you'll use all of the skills you've learned and others will benefit from what you have to give.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (21-10-20),Suzi (21-10-20)

Walker extraordinaire!
    FLO!!! You made my day. You said I was still a young woman!!
    Hurtling at full pelt to 50 has me feeling anything but young. I worry it's too late to change direction.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

It's never too late love...

Quote Originally Posted by Strugglingmum View Post
    FLO!!! You made my day. You said I was still a young woman!!
    Hurtling at full pelt to 50 has me feeling anything but young. I worry it's too late to change direction.
    50 is the new 30!!!..course you're still young! Blimey! I wish I was 50! Anything's possible at 50. Suzi is right, it's never too late.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Suzi (22-10-20)

How are you today SM?

Walker extraordinaire!
    I'm not really sure. Think I'm just tired. I was at my catering course this morning and did the weekly shop on my way home.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.