Page 36 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunshine after the rain

That does sound tiring! Do you enjoy the catering course?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    At the moment it's all theory as they cant allow us in the kitchen at present due to Covid and distancing etc. I do enjoy it. I think I'm just feeling a bit hopeless in general about what my future looks like with regards to work etc
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Hunni, it’s not been a massive amount of time since you were very ill. One step at a time - you really are doing fantastically well and you don’t know what’s round the corner
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Flo (23-10-20)

Paula's so right. Hunni, one step at a time. You really do need to be kinder to you!

I know exactly how you feel. I struggle with the feeling that not working means I am not contributing. The good people here remind me that there is no shame in being ill but it’s still hard.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Flo (23-10-20)

But you are all contributing... You are both here supporting others and being amazing....

I think that’s how I’ve learnt to accept it (most of the time...). I know that I do ‘work’, and contribute, here and elsewhere. And I know I wouldn’t have been able to take on these amazing opportunities if I had been doing ‘proper’ work. And I also know that what I do now has never felt like work and eases my heart
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Flo (23-10-20),Suzi (22-10-20)

Walker extraordinaire!
    I find the future very frightening and uncertain.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

You're not alone in that one... Can I share something with you? I had a long conversation with the SENCO at F's school today - they are finally going to help! - and F is more than capable of doing 3 sciences or 2 languages or classics, or any other academic subjects at A Level, but her heart is lying with DT - Product design, art and photography. Her SENCO actually said the same as what we've been saying to her. You need to focus on the here and now, but in the future you need to follow your passions. That's the most important thing. The same can be said for all of us.
    I don't have a job, but this is my work, my writing and volunteering for shout. This is me "working" and actually I may not be contributing in the traditional way I know that this place has helped SO many people and is a force to be reckoned with. I'm f*ing proud of what we do here and what has come together, but I also know there is no way I could do it alone. You are part of that.
    What will be in the future will be. I'm not trying to brush how you are feeling under the carpet or trivialise it in any way, shape or form, but none of us know what the next minute is going to bring, let alone 5 years in the future ( I fell for that in 2015.... it turns out I was very wrong lol ) so lovely, a bit of advice from me to you... Stop. Breathe. Practise some mindfulness, because although it sounds like hippy nonsense it's bloody brilliant. Being "present" and "in the moment" is a fantastic skill and something that everyone should learn.... Breathe....

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Flo (23-10-20),Paula (22-10-20)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I think we all do to some extent. I know I struggle to think of the future at times without feeling utterly terrified. So many what ifs floating round my head and negative little voices telling me I'm never going to achieve what I want to. All we can do is take one day at a time and celebrate the little victories and in time, we'll realise that actually, we've had a bloody huge victory and are actually pretty damned awesome!
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Flo (23-10-20),Suzi (22-10-20)