Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this a relapse

I'm glad you have some answers, and I really sympathise with the TMJ as it's one of the things I have too.

Do you have painkillers?

This time is very different to the last big one love. You've recognised the signs and you're already getting help and being as proactive as you can be. No one could ask for more than that!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

shine (29-07-20)

Paula, at the moment we are in a rota of in work to reduce the amount of people in at one time. I was kept off the rota last week and just worked from home. My manager knows im struggling and has me in work a max of two days a week at the moment which makes me feel so much better.
    I'm nervous to go on sick leave as last time I was on long term sick leave with my mental health I got so much worse. The work acts as a distraction to me so in a way it's a good thing. I'm just exhausted and have to push myself through it. I'm leaving soon but at least I will be home by lunchtime. I'm just taking one day at a time at the moment and trying not to think too far ahead. That seems to help.

I’m just taking one day at a time at the moment and trying not to think too far ahead. That seems to help.
    Sometimes, that’s by far the best way. Well done, hunni
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I'm really proud of you, you know..

Thank you Suzi and Paula. I'm home now and changed my clothes to be on the safe side. Work itself was ok. I get on really well with my colleague that was in today and we worked through all the tasks together. But I'm now in a lot of pain. Pain was there the whole time but I pushed myself through and concentrated on the tasks. I told my colleague about my sinusitis but didn't want to go into too much as I don't like to be seen as moaning. It's really hard. I'm exhausted now and just crashed down on my bed. I'm glad I'm not going in tomorrow as it's just too much. Im next in Friday. And only one day next week.
    Painkillers don't do anything. I've tried everything and it doesn't touch the pain. It's why I was going through a phase of alcohol as that seemed to help but I know I can't have that.

So is it TMJ pain you've got?

I have severe sinusitis which I just started antibiotics for yesterday. I also have TMJ as have jaw pain and clicking and popping. This both causing facial pain and awful headaches and fatigue. I'm sure the anxiety and low mood is also contributing to the headaches.

Have you tried steaming with menthol to help with the sinusitis?
    TMJ sucks. Can you stand massage? Actively trying to relax the area? Does something like a hot water bottle help?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

shine (03-08-20)

I just sat with my head over steam and I had a lavender bean bag which I heat in the microwave which helps sooth. Been on antibiotics a week already and the pain today even worse. Sleep is still bad and my mood really low. I managed to get a call back from gp today. She gave me prescription strength codeine which I took a couple of hours ago and feel dizzy from it now. But the pain not gone so not much point in the codeine. I am so fed up with it. I hate moaning. I feel like I'm going crazy with the worsening of tinnitus. Dr said all my sinuses are inflammed. Apparently there are four of them. It's a matter of wait and see because there is no way I can get an appointment with ENT Dr now. I'm not prepared to pay £250 for a private zoom appointment.
    I'm in work tomorrow. It helps distracts my mind so hopefully I will be ok going in. I can't wear a mask because I'm suffocating because can't breathe through nose. Hope people don't mind. Most people are wearing them.

I know with my pain meds that’s it’s useless to just take one dose on it’s own - I need to continue taking the prescribed dose to feel the benefit. I don’t know, as I can’t take codeine, but could it be the same?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

shine (04-08-20)