Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Is this a relapse

Well done, hunni
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

shine (16-08-20)

Walker extraordinaire!
    Well done going into work today and so wonderful to have a break now. Any nice day trips planned or meeting up with friends? Enjoy resting and relaxing.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

shine (16-08-20)

SM has said it all..well done you going to work....have a restful weekend.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

shine (16-08-20)

No trips planned yet. Hoping to go somewhere Wednesday. I'm just finding it hard to plan anything.
    Last night was a bad night. I woke up about 2.30. couldn't get back to sleep till after 6 which meant I struggled to get out of bed till 11. I watched a funeral on zoom which was really sad and I've been thinking about it alot today.
    My escape method today was continuing teaching myself keyboard. I remember as a teenager I played the violin and this was my escape back then. If I needed to distract myself then I would play music. It helped to lift my mood.
    It's good but at the same time I'm not dealing well with myself. I'm struggling massively with self esteem and image amongst so many other things. I find it hard and painful to talk about this. I've also put on over a st since march from binge eating junk which isn't helping with my self image. My eating habits are bad at the moment so I have myself to blame

Sorry you're not sleeping well. Try and take it easy and be kind to yourself. Your lack of self esteem and self worth etc. are typical of depression. As for the extra weight you've gained since March, I think most people and their grandmother have gained quite a bit, myself included! It's a comfort thing together with not being able to get out I think. Why on earth were you watching a funeral on zoom?! Someone you knew or morbid curiosity? With bouts of depression the last thing you need is doing or watching anything that brings you down. If you watch tv watch something uplifting, watch a funny film, do things that make you feel good like your keyboard.Go for a walk with a friend to somewhere nice. Plan any little trips to somewhere interesting and new. You'll get through this but it takes a little time. Meanwhile, do some nice things. Be good to yourself.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (17-08-20)

Walker extraordinaire!
    You've mentioned a few things which are really helpful. I love that you find music lifts your mood. Indulge in playing as much as you can. Also just having the radio on or a good playlist on spotify even if you dont realise you're listening to it, having it on in the background will help give you a lift.
    You are not alone in having put on weight over lockdown and you are right, it doesn't help with self esteem issues. What does help is being pro active. Can you set yourself a goal to
    brisk walk 10 minutes every day? It helps with routine...fantastic for recovery, it helps with helping you feel more energised and will help with your self esteem issues.

It's most important that you learn to be kind to yourself. You are not well and need time to recover. There is a great fact sheet on the forum on self care. Prioritise the things that help, especially while off on leave. Yes, other things need done too, I know, but looking after you helps get you through the mundane or downright horrible.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Flo (17-08-20),Paula (19-08-20)

Hey hunni, how are you today? I agree with Flo, why did you go to the funeral? Someone you knew?
    How's the getting up, washed, dressed, eating and drinking going?
    With regard to your sleeping I think one of the worst things you can be dong now is staying in bed late because that then has a knock on to the following night. The best thing to gte a sleeping pattern back into control is to make sure you continue to get up at a sensible time (9ish) and then you'll be tired for that night itms?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Flo (17-08-20)

The funeral was a close family friend. Due to covid restrictions we couldn't go so they made it accessable for people to join in on zoom.

We just booked a one night away trip to Blackpool later this week. I used Tesco clubcard to buy tickets for the pleasure beach. I really didn't want to go but hubby talked me into it saying we really have to get away for one night. Kids will love the theme park even if I don't go on the rides with them. Big rides frighten me. Last year I went with just my daughter and she was happy going on big rides herself. I'm worried about the social distancing and hope I don't get too anxious there. I wanted to go near the sea as I find sea air so relaxing. So the first day we will walk along the sea maybe on st Anne's and second day at the theme park

You'll have a lovely time. Try and think on the positives of going and the new things you'll see, plus a nice walk by the beach. I'm sure it will lift your spirits.

Absolutely agree with Flo. I know you've been struggling with anxiety, but you can get some great fresh air, and you have tools to help you along the way. It'll be a great time.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!