Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this a relapse

Everyone has made really valid points. There are different AD's that you can try.I agree with suzi re the anxiety. I've experienced the same as you (many people do). Anxiety feeds off itself itms. The fear, nausea, dry mouth, panic, hyperventilation etc., intensifies when you think you're going out of your mind! Lack of sleep doesn't help. What can help is to get hold of a paper bag that's big enough for you to comfortably breathe in and out of. This way, instead of breathing too much oxygen which feeds the anxiety, breathing in your own carbon dioxide will quieten the anxiety. I've been in the state you are in and it's no picnic...it's terrifying! But clever you to realise that the depression and the thoughts just ISN'T you...it will pass. Something else that might help - well it helped me and helps my son - go on to Amazon and find relaxation CD's. There is one where you can listen to waves breaking on the shore. Get your partner or whoever to buy you some earplugs from a chemist. Open your windows but close the curtains. Concentrate on the CD while breathing in long even breaths. This should help with the panic etc. is there any way or could you afford to make an appointment with a private therapist? A lot of them concentrate on anxiety and depression. I did this for about 8 weeks and it helped me enormously. You won't be in a queue either! The cost varies but it's around £45 an hour depending on where you live. Google them in your area. I understand that not everyone can afford this type of money but even seeing someone once can change things around. It's a case of prioritising sometimes. Keep posting love. you aren't a nuisance...everything you have explained could be me or any of us.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

shine (12-08-20),Strugglingmum (12-08-20)

Thank you. I definitely do need to look into relaxation. I'll have a look on YouTube first and see what free ones are available. There are apps as well that I'll check out that may help with the tinitus.
    I didn't go to work today. I didn't feel strong enough to drive in especially in this heat. I knew it would make me feel worse. My manager is so understanding. He told me to just do the minimum from home and not to worry.
    I am feeling slightly better than yesterday. I slept more than the previous night. Once the storm started at midnight the neighbours went in and it was quieter.

Suzi I just found the withdrawal from venalfaxine really tough and when I was on it I struggled with side effects. However I know it help me loads. I won't rule it out but I do think a Dr experienced in mental health will be better to advise. The gp with an interest in mental health isn't working this week. I'll try to speak to him when he is back in. I've no idea how long the referral to mental health services are. 9 years ago I got seen quickly because I had presented myself in A&E in crisis and I was straight away with the crisis team who referred me to physciatrist. It was the physciatrist that sorted my meds
    Last edited by Suzi; 12-08-20 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Merging posts, please try not to double post! :)

What side effects did you have to deal with?
    If you're struggling with suicidal thoughts, will you go to A+E?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

shine (12-08-20)

I will do thanks. Im feeling a little better today than yesterday. I've put a blanket in the shade and sitting outside. It's hot but It feels hotter inside. One of my sunflowers opened up today that I planted in march. It's the first time I've done this and it made me happy today to see the gorgeous flower opening up. We have three more to open

That's brilliant. Looking for the positives will help...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

shine (14-08-20)

Walker extraordinaire!
    Sunflowers are fab aren't they! they make me smile just to look at them. They are such happy flowers. Hope the others open soon so you have a sea of faces smiling at you.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

shine (14-08-20)

Sunflowers are my OH's favourite flower..you can't help but smile at them can you? Glad you're feeling a little better.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

shine (14-08-20)

How are you this morning?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

shine (14-08-20)

I made it to work this morning. Really struggled to get up as I had another bad night sleep but I wanted to push myself. Apart from it being hot and humid at work I managed to cope ok. I now have 8 working days off as annual leave so hopefully I can switch off from work. I've collapsed on the sofa now and really exhausted.

Well done for getting into work lovely. Are you planning on doing anything nice whilst you are off?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

shine (16-08-20)