Thread: Joshua, The Overcomer *SU TRIGGERS*

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Prycejosh1987

Cool Joshua, The Overcomer *SU TRIGGERS*

My name is Joshua, I am from the UK, I have been through alot of issues in life and faced alot of adversity. From financial struggles, to being bullied, to mental health issues. I failed all my GCSES at school in year 11 because i wanted to spend more time with my mother. I had a 50% attendance. Most of my grades at school were E grades. I was depressed because i struggled to get a woman to like me. I just couldnt attract women, when i dated girls, i would either would be cheated on or friend zoned. There was no affection in my relationships. I felt like a trophy boyfriend. I would go to public places with "girlfriends" but there was no emotion or feeling in my relationships. It made me depressed. I would overdose on sleeping pills and i started trying to slash my wrists. I would grab a t shirt and wrap it around my neck and really pull on it (like i was hanging myself). I wanted to commit suicide and attempted to.
    I could not keep a job for 5 years and kept being sacked because some of my work colleagues hated me, and sabotaged my work, or they made up lies about me.
    I faced mental health problems for around 8 years, i heard voices, and was with a mental health team for around 6 years. I was forced to go to a mental institution where i met people that had mental health issues for 3 weeks. They put me on different mental health drugs and monitored my mental health. I still take olanzapine to this day for voices and overthinking, over time i had made progress and things are no where near as bad as they were in the beginning.
    I have faced many things in my life that have impeded me from being successful in life but i became very optimistic despite the struggles and took steps to achieve success. I have been offered promotions and pay rises in some of the jobs i have worked. The employment success came later in life.
    Spirituality helped me to change my life. I cope with rejection and brush it off. I can get a woman now but i have been so hurt and emotionally abused by women that i dont feel its right to have a relationship. I am not motivated and honesty i prefer being single. Spiritual has really helped me overcome my depression and addictions and changed my life and it has kept me focused on the goals and things that are important.

I "preach" the message that people can overcome because i overcame alot of issues in my life. Alot of the issues i faced were personal issues, issues with myself, but now I am successful in that area and i am making really good progress in my life. I preach positive thinking, it does sounds preliminary and schoolish, but thinking positive starts a chain reaction which in turn can put a person on the path to recovery. I would say that depression is more of a negative mindset than an illness. When you be more optimistic on a situation, and take steps to change the situation in your favour and you persist until you get what you want, nothing can go wrong. Let me know your thoughts and i am happy to take questions.
    Last edited by Jaquaia; 08-06-20 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Trigger warning added as per DWD procedure