Page 97 of 101 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast

Thread: Chink of light in the darkness

They do a lot more than handbags, Mike, and my calendar is beauty stuff. Much better for my diet than chocolate

I have a question which the PM failed to answer this afternoon. What about if I’m shielding? Do I go back to the same normal? Actually, that’s 2 questions
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I'm currently watching the PM drivel trying to work out wtf he is actually saying... Something about cavalry coming over the hill, but not to be "jolly cat" about Christmas and not to have parties with older people, but hoping that Easter will be better? F*cked if I know wtf he's saying....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Morning Princess Sparkles, how are you today?

I’m ok, just wish there was clarification on the rules. I know it sounds silly but Katie and I always put up the Christmas tree together, always on 1st December. We’d sort of decided to delay til end of lockdown, assuming the rules allowed, but I don’t know if I’m allowed to see her next week or not.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I saw our illustrious leader doing his virtual statement to parliament and was not overly impressed oop north it looks like I'll be in tier 3 with pubs and bars still closed so no change there.

Paula I thought that shielding had ended but then again I could be wrong

Hope you can see Katie on Xmas day.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

At the beginning of the current lockdown, I was told that I was advised to shield again

I think you need to decide the risk for yourself. Or maybe Jess could step in for Katie this year. Be nice for you to do something together.

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Depending on what tier you are in and going into depends on visitors but if people are in your support bubble they can visit, Jay for instance still comes here as he comes to see Caitlin that is still allowed and he helps me as my car is not usable right now, so it would depend on tiers etc. But also common sense aswell.
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

I thought support bubbles were for people who live alone?

Stella, there’s no way on this planet Jess would help with the Christmas tree . It’s not about helping me as just something me and Katie do..... Jess isn’t interested but it became a fun tradition for me and Katie

There is no clarification until you have been told what tier you're going into.... The whole handling of this has been p*ss poor at best...
    I hope you do get to do it together love.