Page 90 of 101 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Thread: Chink of light in the darkness

So, I have sleep apnoea and (as I have meds that sedate me, have lost weight and have to sleep on my back) there’s not much I can do to alleviate it, I’ve been given a cpap machine to try for a month.

I’m shattered
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

So, how do you feel about it?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Well, apparently it’s not ok to wake up after 8 hours sleep, have your breakfast and then doze off again over your iPad - which Si has noticed I do more often than not. So, I’ll give it a go. If Si laughs at me, I will do damage......
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Oh? That's not ok? I thought it was something that just happened with aging.....

Pfft..

Oh Suzi, I crack the age jokes around here.
    You’ll be fine. When I was diagnosed I was told I was “waking” 120 times an hour!!! I was totally unaware. Using the CPAP has changed my life and although it was difficult to get comfortable at first but now I can’t sleep without it.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Paula (10-11-20),Suzi (10-11-20)

I hurled the mask away at 3am..... but Si said I didn’t snore, so that’s good news

A few hours is better than none. It’s a bit weird isn’t it?

I'm glad you got some sleep lovely.... From what I've heard it does get easier....

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    A few hours is better than none. It’s a bit weird isn’t it?
    It’s not the mask, it’s the wind blowing up my nose that’s uncomfortable. But I’ll get used to it. However, if Si makes one more Darth Vader comment, I may do him harm