Page 72 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: Chink of light in the darkness

Are you resting today?
    What's happening with Si? Does he have a finish date? Is he looking around for something else?
    How are your Princesses? Puppers?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Not resting - study. I’m soooo far behind after everything

Princesses are ok, Katie is starting to make appointments to view houses puppers are gorgeous and seem happy

Si has chats this week with his boss to see if there’s anything suitable in Centrica - their redundancy bill is looking huge so they’re keen to redeploy ‘expensive’ staff like him. Otherwise, redundancy day will probably be mid November, and he’s thinking he’ll take pay in lieu. He is looking for something but we’ll have a fair amount of time to play with before the money runs out
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hooray for him being "expensive" Glad that the pressure will be off for a while. Hope Katie finds her dream home soon x How's Jess?

Studying? Are you pacing?

Jess is absolutely fine, and being nice to me right now.

No, I didn’t pace and am regretting it now, but I have to catch up. I have realised I’m more stressed than I thought - I thought I was relatively calm about everything - but I very nearly bit my dad’s head right off earlier. He was being a bit of an ass but that’s because he has a lot on his mind. Normally, I’d let it wash over me but I struggled today
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Want to talk about it? What can you do to help you to destress a bit today?

I don’t think there’s much more to say at the moment that I haven’t already. It’s pretty obvious why I’m stressed - the last few weeks have been difficult and I’m worried about the future.

Anyway, de-stressing today involves touching up paintwork in the utility room where we’ve (the royal we obvs) moved shelves

That sounds fun! Are you the one doing the painting?

I am

In other news, I have my appointment for the next lumbar puncture on 26 October. I’ve got to have a covid test 3 days before and self isolate at home (different bedroom, bathroom etc) for 3 days before......

Oh wow, that's going to be hard....

None of this has been simple, tbh lol