Page 19 of 101 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Chink of light in the darkness

What colour?

I'm dying mine tomorrow too

What about pilates? Would that help at all?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I’m embracing the grey, so two toned dark and silver

I’m a little wary about doing Pilates as, the last time I tried doing yoga at home, without supervision, I sent my whole body into flare......
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

OOO sounds lovely!

No chance you could find someone who comes to you? Or you go to them locally?

My yoga teacher hasn’t got in contact with me. She’s in her 70s so I’m wondering if she’s decided not to carry on. I should call her, I suppose....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Do, but then call others if she doesn't get back to you...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Paula (31-07-20)

I had to stop Yoga because at the end of every session I felt nauseous! My balance is crap anyway and when we had to stand on one leg like a flamingo with other foot up to the side of the calf I kept falling over!! Some people say that Yoga has changed their lives! It had the adverse effect with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    I had to stop Yoga because at the end of every session I felt nauseous! My balance is crap anyway and when we had to stand on one leg like a flamingo with other foot up to the side of the calf I kept falling over!! Some people say that Yoga has changed their lives! It had the adverse effect with me!
    I used to do a good impression of a flamingo putting on my underpants stood up one leg at a time nowadays I sit down to put my underoos on which apparently a sign of old age, what me old
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Neuro appointment done. Boy I’m shattered.....

Soooooo, lots of tests including another eye scan. There’s still swelling of the optic nerves but he said it is less than it was. But, after questioning Si about whether I snore (which I knew I did) and whether I stop breathing in my sleep (Which I didn’t know I did) he’s referring me for a sleep study as apparently obstructive sleep apnoea can mimic IIH. He doesn’t want to change any meds at the moment and he’ll see me again after my next visual fields test in September.

Oh wow, that sounds less scary than the IIH....
    Are you resting?

It’s definitely something worth finding out about. So, it was a good appointment - it’s given me hope after 3 years of not getting on the top of this. But I’m exhausted.... however, after nearly a year since she left home, Katie invited her to her home this evening, for the first time. It’s been done up to sell and she finally felt it wasn’t such a pit she was embarrassed to show to us