Page 17 of 101 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Chink of light in the darkness

That's amazing! Well done Jess!
    Fern's come out as being non binary properly last week. Fern has decided that their preferred pronouns are they/them etc we keep slipping up, but we're working hard on it. Fern told Marc's sister at the weekend - they've decided that they are only going to tell people who are actually important to them so not nannies....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Now that is confusing for me. They/them suggests more than one so to use in the sense of a singular person feels weird. I’m very easily confused when it comes to gender identification and so much I don’t understand.

It's not something I fully understand, just that Fern doesn't feel like she fits into "female" or "masculine" sometimes she's more f than m, other times it's the other way round. They've been hinting at it for a while, and kind of mentioned it, but this is the first time it's a definite. We're very proud.

We went out for dinner with friends last night and had such a good time - I’m hoping I never take treats like that for granted, ever again! I even wore heels But it did make me realise we’re in a very different phase in our lives - 10 years ago all we talked about was our kids, last night it was all about our dogs
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Dogs rule! I'm so pleased for you!

Back from the osteopath. Owwwwww
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Walker extraordinaire!
    But is it a good owwwwww
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Hope it's a good ow love.

Not sure yet. The issue is (as suspected) because of the difference in how I weight bear on each side. There’s a muscle group in the pelvic area called *refers to the notes the osteopath gave me* Tensor Fascia Lata. That’s injured (and my quads are also really tight due to dealing with the injury). He massaged, manipulated and stuck needles in me. But he says it’ll be an ongoing issue as long as I can’t walk evenly. So I’ve got to give myself a deep massage for 2 minutes (laying down) every day - that didn’t make me giggle smuttily at all

Give YOURSELF a massage??? Have you not heard of the saying "You don't have a dog and bark yourself"