Page 62 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: Chink of light in the darkness

Fine? As in, really OK or just glossing over everything with "I'm fine"?
    Glad you're friend is coming over...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Really ok, I promise
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

OldMike (29-09-20)

So, mum’s had her MRI results. She has extensive arthritis in her spine and some bony spurs. The main issue is she has two slipped discs in her lower back. One of the bulging discs is pressing on nerves and slightly on her spinal cord. She’s been given a few options and has decided to have surgery - though it’s not as dramatic as it sounds, apparently with this type of surgery she can be done and home in a day
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Glad the MRI results have shown what issues there are and that there is a plan love... Although I also know how scary it is..

Home it a day!? Wow that sounds impressive.

Walker extraordinaire!
    I'm glad there is a solution to some of the problem. Hopefully surgery will greatly reduce her pain
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

My neurologist has referred me to Southampton to have a LP under X-ray, so that he can get a clear idea what’s going on

They should just fit you with a tap lol

Southampton always used to be a brilliant hospital for things like this.. You scared though?

No. It should be easier with X-ray. Si didn’t want me to take it up as I don’t have any symptoms now but I have said that this has been going on for 3 years and most of that time I didn’t have any symptoms. And I’m worried about my eyes. So, I want to take up any tests they want to throw at me - I need to know exactly what we’re dealing with