Page 64 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: Chink of light in the darkness

Tell us what's going on? You know you'd say the same thing to me!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Well, Katie popped round which helped raise my spirits

Erm, well, I’m worried about my mum - logically we all know that the surgery is not the biggie it used to be, but it’s still spine surgery. And I know my dad is going to be like a very grumpy, very helicoptery kitten on hot coals, and will inevitably drive mum around the bend. And, yes, I also know we have no idea when this will happen, but that’s something else I’m worried about - she’s in agony.....

And, Si is not happy about this lumbar puncture. He doesn’t get why I should have to be put through that again. I’ve explained to him this is diagnostic and, given I’ve had little of that for 3 years, I’m not arguing. Also, my eyes are worrying me. But he’s still not happy. I’ve also told him it’s my decision, but that doesn’t mean he’s going to let it go any time soon.

Oh, and despite having no letter, I’m worried about my next PiP assessment as I’m pretty certain I’ll lose top rate and, therefore, my car - which I love..... which takes me to my next worry. I don’t know how much damage recent events have done to my sight, and I’m scared I’m never going to be able to drive or do cross stitch again.

And, breathe .......
    Last edited by Paula; 01-10-20 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Missed a crucial word lol
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Those are all very legitimate concerns.
    Does it feel any easier to have laid them all out?
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

So things aren’t really fine then? There would be a bigger problem if these things weren’t a worry for you. I completely understand why you’re concerned about your mum and your sight. PiP however, have you checked when your claim needs reassessing? I don’t think for one minute anyone with half a brain would think downgrading your mobility is appropriate.

Of course, there’s also the ‘minor’ worry over Si’s job. He should find out next week

My PiP is due 2021, but I know people have been reassessed early
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

OK, so in essence you have a lot of very valid and legitimate worries.... But you are also borrowing trouble.

Your Mum - Spine surgery is scary, but there's no reason it'll go badly for her and they wouldn't be talking about doing it day surgery if they had those kind of concerns - won't stop you worrying though..
    LP - Si is right to be concerned, you've had a few issues with these and they've made you pretty poorly..... I can totally understand his point of view. However I can also see yours and I know what it's like to need to get that diagnosis so you can hopefully get the right treatment to actually treat what's going on...
    PiP - It's going to happen - the assessment, but there's no reason you will lose your award, so let's worry about that one when that form arrives.
    Si's Job - Is he still looking for something else?

Pfft *grumbles about using my words*

Si has ‘sent out feelers’ and is ‘keeping an ear out’. Thing is, at his level, there’s usually less comparable roles available. But he says he’s not worried. I’m starting to though I know we’ve got savings

Si is sensible, he's not going to hide things from you either. If he's not worried then can you take that pile off the "Things I need to worry about today" list and stick it for a later date?

He would, and has, hidden his worries from me - all the time.....

Hmm... Well that blows my argument out of the water then..... Tell him, he's a git from me!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Paula (02-10-20)