Page 28 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: Building a new life

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    They're generally really good and supportive but his dad gets quite offended if you don't agree with him at times. He offered to pay for a new kitchen when Cruella moved out as they knew it needed doing and J couldn't afford it but didn't tell him that didn't include tiling or flooring until the new units were fitted plus the order it was done in wasn't that logical. So we're left with a half finished kitchen while we find the money to finish it, not helped by having to replace the washer. And then they booked in to have the decking replaced, that's booked in for 2 weeks on Monday, and only told us they wanted us to pay a significant amount a few days ago. Contributing isn't an issue, I fully appreciate how lucky J is to have parents who are in a position to, and willing to, do that. It's how late his dad tells us so we're left having to find a large amount of money with very little notice. We would have saved and done these things when we could afford it but his parents wanted everything done so he could have a fresh start ASAP.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

So, classic case of pure motives, poor execution .....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Exactly

Oh, trying hard to do the right thing, but making it all harder in the process....

How are you feeling today love?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Tired. I've redone the living room windows but don't have the energy to even contemplate doing any of the others.

Driving lessons restart on the 26th but I can't stay in Hull as my mum is still shielding, and I think even beyond the 1st of August, my sister would make it difficult if I stayed there before everything is back to normal. So it's looking like me needing to get into Hull.

Why should yet give a toss what your sister has to say? Ask your mum first and if she’s ok with it that’s all that matters.

I have to agree with Sarah...

Because I'm not being the reason she uses to stop my parents seeing the children.

Ahhh, makes sense. So what are you going to do? You can't stop driving now, and I'm sure you don't want to change instructor again. How far is it to get to your parents? Can you do it by public transport?

I'm thinking of changing to the afternoon. With how J's shifts work I would only need help getting to and from Hull 2 days a month. Otherwise it's a bus or taxi into Beverley, a train or bus into Hull, and then a bus to my parents.