Page 25 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: Building a new life

There’s only one person who can change that. You. That is only your perception.

Hunni, it’s bricks and mortar. A home is the love the four of you have together, not the four walls you all live in
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    It's how I feel. The loft is still full of her stuff, as is the summerhouse. The house is still full of her decor choices, and I have asked over and over to change things, I've asked over and over to get rid of some things and I'm still waiting. I don't feel like I can do it myself in case it upsets the children. When I am constantly coming across her stuff, constantly looking out at the garden and seeing her stuff, how am I meant to feel like this is my home? When there is more of her stuff here then there is mine?
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Walker extraordinaire!
    I can understand that Jaq. I would feel the same. Maybe J needs to hear you clearly when you say you are upset and why. I don't know either of you so I'm not sure what that looks like but it is a conversation he needs to hear again. He is the one who needs to act on this and sort it for you.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (29-06-20)

Really? Why is he keeping it all? Have you talked to him and told him exactly how you are feeling about it?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Jaq, it’s only been a couple of months. Yeah regarding her stuff I’d give her a date to collect it by or it goes to the tip. Don’t mess about, get it gone. She don’t live there anymore. Hopefully that will help massively.
    You’ll probably hate me for saying this but as for the decor, you have gone today from saying you feel you need to earn your keep just to live under that roof to demanding the whole place is redecorated. Which is it? You knew the score going it. I’d rather he focused on officially making her his ex wife before I worried about her choices on home decor. You are fixated on all the wrong things. It will all get sorted it time.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Yes. And because she won't pick it up. There's around £1000 worth of craft stuff in the summerhouse that she's barely touched. She claims she's clearing room for it as she has nowhere to put it
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Pooh, craft stuff? I might have to come and have a look before you dump it lol

Seriously though, give her a cut off date. It’s not a free storage unit.

I’m with Stella on this. Put a deadline on it or it goes down the tip
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I agree! Get it gone! If he won't do it, we'll come on a road trip and do it. We don't care
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!