Hello to everyone.

I hope you're well at this crazy time. Just wanted to see if anybody could give a bit of input to an incident with a stranger a couple of days ago.

I have a history of depression and anxiety for many years but have been feeling really positive for a few months now. I have had an inferiority complex for many years with my appearance essentially because people at various stages of my life have called me ugly.

I hate that word anyway and as you can imagine when someone calls you that you start to believe it. It makes my self esteem plummet and causes a depressive episode. A stranger said that to me the other night. First time someone has for a few years.

The circumstances were I was on my way home with a friend after a few drinks and sat on a bench in the town centre. A guy and his girlfriend came over and were instantly aggressive and rude. So I argued back and forth for a while then eventually he said that. I did have an instant come back but, like I mentioned, I have ruminated on it and feel crap now. I don't get how an adult probably in his forties can say such a school ground thing. He also boasted about his kids and his Gf said you're not a man unless you have children!

Think they were alcoholic street people. I know it sounds trivial but poor MH isn't rational as you know. Its not uncommon to have a complex. I'm just ruminating on how to support my self esteem as I feel like duvet hiding just now.

Keep well.

M x