Page 58 of 95 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't know who I am.* SH/SU TRIGGERS*

We had a really, really good time away. We had a suite in the hotel, a living room with a pull out double and single bed in that room. There was a fridge, microwave and sink in that room too. There was also a balcony off this room with breathtaking views of the Dublin mountains. There was a super king size bed in the bedroom, with a table and 2 chairs, tv and all the usual hotel stuff. There was a separate bathroom just off the hallway.
    We did a LOT of shopping because there is a very big shopping centre just down the road from the hotel.
    We went to IKEA on Sunday and there was a very long queue. But because I was using my crutches, they let me skip the queue. In fact, I was allowed to skip all queues in all shops all weekend.
    We did more shopping on Monday before we came home.

The w/e showed me quite a few things.
    1. Hand sanitizer is very slippery when you use crutches.
    2. Wearing masks all the time, makes you very warm.
    3. When you accept bags from every shop, you end up with a lot of paper bags.
    4. The east coast of our little island gets much better weather then the west.
    5. There are lots of people who think they are immune to this horrible virus, and do not wear face masks. (A lot of people from our travelling community).
    6. Travelling makes you very tired.

That sounds like you've had a great time, but yes hand sanitizer and crutches aren't best friends!
    I'm so glad that you had fun!
    Wibble, wobble, jelly on a plate...

Sounds like a great weekend! How’s your back?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Glad you had a lovely time and lots of retail therapy!

Glad you had a good time xx

The 6 points you listed are all true. And reading your post gave me a smile though. Sounds like you both had a good weekend and its well deserved.

My back is very sore. I've had physio today and Claire told me that I was very "knotty". I don't have another session until Thursday week, because Claire won't be in Tuam until then.
    Now shock horror, I'm going to bed early. I'm sore and it has been raining cats and dogs all day, so there really isn't much to look out at.

That sounds like a wonderful time. So glad you enjoyed it.
    The only point I disagree on is number 4....... I live on the East coast.... it's always raining
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

How are you feeling?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Sorry about your back lovely, but I'm glad you were sensible and took and used your crutches..
    Wibble, wobble, jelly on a plate...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Flo (05-08-20)