Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't know who I am.* SH/SU TRIGGERS*

Hunni, you donít sound as upbeat as you did, you ok?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

The reduction of Lyrica is hitting me now. Plus not sleeping always brings my mood down. But I'm getting a walk in every day, I'm crafting a lot more, and my concentration is good because I can read again. I'm keeping a mood diary since I came home from hospital, and I've added a column for sleep so that I can refer back when I talk to Bridget.
    There is a lot of arguing with dad atm. My sister who was looking after both mum and dad had a blazing row with dad and walked out. Dad accused my bil of stealing from dad and my sister asked dad to apologise. Dad refused so my sister is living back in her own house again. Dad is on his own from when Sarah comes home in the afternoon until the morning again. Dad has also had a row with 2 of my brothers, so they aren't calling either.
    I mentioned to Dr McCabe that there was stuff going on, and she suggested that I stay away, until my mental health is stronger. My physio also reminded me of the amount of money I have spent with her since my first back operation. They have both suggested that I don't offer to help him.
    This has all caused me quite a bit of tension. I don't like the idea of dad going through all his grief on his own, but I'm not sure that I'm strong enough to put up with his mind games that I know he is more than capable of playing.
    Atm Gerry is coming with me when I go to visit. But each morning when I ring dad to say hello, he asks if I will call over.
    I know I only have one dad. I was brought up to believe the 10 commandments, and number 4 is honour your father and mother. It's a big conflict not to help when I can see the need, but I can't see that my mental health suffering will be of any help to anyone.

I agree that staying out of the issues with your Dad might be the best lovely... You are right, you need to get you better and firing on all cylinders - which you haven't been for quite a while... Be kind to you love. I'm glad you're talking to Bridget and Dr McCabe.
    If the reduction of the lyrica is having a negative effect can you talk to them about it?
    Wibble, wobble, jelly on a plate...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

magie06 (01-07-20)

Youíre right, your mental health suffering definitely wonít help. Staying away doesnít mean youíre not honouring him, it just means youíre building yourself up to help him in the future. And you need to be well enough for G and Ais - which is just as important ...
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

magie06 (01-07-20),OldMike (01-07-20),Suzi (01-07-20)

My little grand nephew loves the song baby shark. (He's only 2). When we were in Tesco at the weekend I found a CD of baby shark. We called there this morning, then to see Geraldine and then to see dad. We stayed a max of 30 minutes in each place. I'm just putting on dinner now. Gerry should be home shortly.

How are you feeling in yourself today lovely?

I'm okay. I've made a doctor's appointment for tomorrow. I'm feeling a bit flat and I want to stop the Lyrica decrease for a while.

That sounds really sensible. Have you talked to Bridget about it or Gerry?

Yes. I've been talking to Gerry and Bridget was off today, so I'll try again tomorrow.

I think thatís a very good idea - itís a hard one to reduce and youíve been through the mill recently. It wonít hurt to wait a bit