Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey

Ben1992

Hey

Just a bit about myself. I'm 28 and from Northwich in Cheshire and I work as a journalist.

Throughout my 20s I've struggled with depression and anxiety. I've never really managed to get a lid on it and I take medication on and off. Lockdown is really tough at the moment as I can't see my girlfriend and I can't get out of the house much.

To cope, I've turned to alcohol and eating unhealthy food and I've put a lot of weight on as a result. I really need to get back on track and any tips would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Ben

Hi Ben and welcome to DWD. Have you ever spoken to your GP about how you are feeling atm?
    Alcohol is a really bad idea as a coping strategy as it's not only a depressant so you're actually making yourself worse, but it also makes so many other health issues for yourself and those around you....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hi Ben and welcome. Are you on meds at the moment? Can you call your doctor?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Hi and welcome!
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Hi Ben and welcome to the forum. When you say on and off meds what exactly do you mean?

Ben1992
    Thanks for your feedback guys.

I've been seeing my GP, tried CBT and taken meds on and off for years now and nothing has really worked for me. It's made all the more difficult by this lockdown currently. I went and got some meds yesterday but the prescription was only for 14 and cost me £9, so I'm going to need to get some more after this.

I've done myself a shop for the week and I'm going to try my best to cut down on alcohol and get out of the house and exercise when I can. Just an anxious time right now with everything that's going on.

What meds are you on?

Ben1992
    Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    What meds are you on?
    I'm on 50mg sertraline. I've tried citalopram and fluoexetine.

How long have you be on these meds?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Is this a new prescription? When did you last speak to your GP?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!