Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried about dosage incr *SU/AB Trigger*

You've been through so much... But it doesn't mean it's always going to be dark..... I know that my physical disabilities are degenerative, and I know what my prognoses are - BUT there are always god times, moments of lightness etc.. I'd urge you to join in with our Fab 5's on a Friday where we look for things in our week (Fri to Fri) which have been positive or made us smile. It's not always easy, but there are moments there.... It helps to break through the darkness.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Absolutely agree with the Fab 5s. It can be so hard to start off but things like getting out of bed, cooking a meal, hearing a favourite song, enjoying a cup of tea, the sun shining etc. can bring a small amount of relief, even if it’s short lived, to a dark day and should be celebrated. As time goes by you will become better at spotting the positives and will see the change that makes to you overall.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Paula (06-05-20),Suzi (06-05-20)

rami
    I understand what youre saying but sometimes and somedays, it's so so hard to see the point of "why should I continuing doing everything that i'm doing if nothing good is going to come from it?".

Thanks for the invite, I will certainly give it a go! I do a similar thing where every sunday night, I write down moments that made me happy during that week and then open all the notes at the end of the year. Someday, I dont have anything to write in it

Something good WILL come of it all lovely. You are only young (I know, I know don't roll your eyes as I'm sure you're fed up of people saying that) but you have so many opportunities out there. This won't last forever...

rami
    Haha I did roll my eyes a little bit. Whether good things happen or not is another question but all I want is the pain to stop

I thought you might.... I thought my world would end when I was much younger, it didn't, that pain ended and things changed... I promise, things will change for you too.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (06-05-20)

rami
    Well thank you for support. your experience does re-assure me

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rami For This Useful Post:

Suzi (06-05-20)

Comedienne Sarah Millican was quoted as saying “Don’t wait for a light at the end of the tunnel. Stomp on down there and turn the er on yourself!” It’s up to us to take back control is our lives and if that means just taking our meds daily, or pushing yourself to get out of bed every day just do it. Eventually it gets easier and you can make the next step, then the one after that. It will get better but you have to make it happen.

rami
    Nice quote. I mean I hate giving up, especially on myself and so I know I wont but there still has to be reason to not give up. It's hard to find that reason

YOU are that reason....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (06-05-20)