Thread: Research participants needed

Vicky

Research participants needed

Hi everyone,

My name is Viktorija Petrulionyte studying MSc at Newman University and I would like to invite you to participate in a research project. The purpose of this study is to explore your understanding of ‘green prescriptions’. ‘Green prescriptions’ are non-medical interventions such as gardening, physical exercise (walking), bird-watching and other nature based activities that improve mental and physical health.

I am looking for volunteers aged 18 and over who received or are receiving medical treatment for their mental health issues and had at least one voluntary or involuntary admission to a psychiatric hospital.

The study includes: 1) Hamilton Depression Rating Scale (HDRS), 2) reading a provided article, 3) a semi-structed interview and 4) Montogomey-Asberg Depression Raring Scale. The study would approximately take 1 hour in total. The components would be completed via the internet. Confidentiality and anonymity will be maintained to a high standard.

I am hoping to add to the understanding and the wider use of ‘green prescriptions’ for mental and physical well-being. Your response is very important to my research and if you choose to take part please contact me via email below. I will send you the study details and to arrange a participation day that would be most convenient to you.

Thank you for considering taking part in the study

Kind regards,
    Viktorija Petrulionyte

Researcher: Viktorija Petrulionyte at PETR402@newman.ac.uk
    Supervisor: Dr Daniel Edgcumbe at D.Edgcumbe@newman.ac.uk

Vicky
    Hi everyone,

I have made a link available for the first part of the study; https://www.esurveycreator.com/s/c4d91dd

If you choose to participate in an interview, I will contact you and the interview could be arranged.

Thank you for your interest.

This has been approved by me
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!