Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finding peace through crafting.

Mummyhill

Finding peace through crafting.

I don’t know about everyone else but I tend to have a lot of different projects on the go at any one time.

I also do more than one craft. I knit, sew, crochet, weave, dye yarn and hook rugs.

One way to judge how I’m doing is to think am
    I flitting from one project to another and starting lots of new projects or am I able to concentrate and settle to a single project at a time? If I’m flirting I’m struggling. Especially if I’m flitting between crafts as well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mummyhill For This Useful Post:

OldMike (03-04-20),Paula (02-04-20)

How are you doing atm? Flitting or focus?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

At the moment with this lockdown I’m looking for anything to keep myself entertained, card making and paracord bracelets have been the two activities so far but some diamond art pics that need to be done too so yeah I’ve got a few things on the go currently. I think many off is when struggling find it hard to focus, I know I do. I’m pretty good at sudoku but then my head’s not right even the simplest of puzzles seem impossible.

Mummyhill
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    How are you doing atm? Flitting or focus?
    changes day to day at the moment. Yesterday I was fairly focused on the rug I’ve been hooking. Today I flirted between the rug, a knitted monkey and a crochet shawl. Put them all away for now as focus isn’t there at all. Today’s been hard with children’s attitudes as much as anything else.

Wanna talk about it?

That's exactly what i'm doing at the moment also! Except its painting. I tend to have multiple paintings at one time, I don't know why but I prefer doing more than one project at the same time.

I'm in awe of anyone who can paint/draw! My daughter is amazingly talented and I love watching her!

I finally finished that rug during lockdown and the knitted monkey which didn’t turn
    Out as well as I would of liked. I’m flirting again I currently have 3 call the midwife blankets on my hooks in different colours, a hooded frog blanket on my needles as well as a baby cardigan, a chunky blanket and a lace knitting project. I’ve also started a macrame sampler and had to stop myself starting a plant pot holder too!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummyhill For This Useful Post:

Suzi (09-02-23)

Hello, lovely! It’s wonderful to see you
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Mummyhill (09-02-23)

You're always so busy with crafts, you're amazing

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Mummyhill (09-02-23)